SDM, CNA

miclchmiclch Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am reading Sybex CCNA book. Is there any SDM or CNA simulations test questions on CCNA?
Do I need to be familiar to them or CCNA has only CLI test questions?

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    You need to know both.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    miclch wrote:
    Is there any SDM or CNA simulations test questions on CCNA?
    Read the CCNA exam blueprints. icon_rendeer.gif

No one can tell you what they saw on the exam without violating the Cisco NDA and Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy.

The FIRST RULE of Cisco Certification Club -- you do not talk about exam content.

The SECOND RULE of Cisco Certification Club -- you DO NOT talk about exam content.

The THIRD RULE of Cisco Certification Club -- Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy
    No candidate will take any action that will compromise the integrity 
    or confidentiality of a Cisco Certification examination or otherwise compromise
    the integrity of the Cisco Certification program. Such actions include but are 
    not limited to:
    • Disseminating actual exam content via web postings, discussion groups, 
    chat rooms, study guides, etc.

The FOURTH RULE of Cisco Certification Club -- Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement
    You agree that the contents of the exam are confidential and that the
    disclosure of that information could compromise the integrity of the Program 
    and of Certifications.  Cisco makes exams available to you solely to test your 
    knowledge of the exam subject matter for which you seek Certification. You 
    are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or 
    transmitting any exam and any related information including, without 
    limitation, questions, answers, worksheets, computations, drawings, diagrams,
    length or number of exam segments or questions, or any communication, 
    including oral communication regarding or related to the exam (known 
    collectively as “Proprietary Information”), in whole or in part, in any form
    or by any means, oral or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, 
    without the prior express written permission of Cisco.

The FIFTH RULE of Cisco Certification Club -- what you see on the computer screen in your VUE Testing Center stays in your VUE Testing Center, even if you're already in Las Vegas.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    icon_lol.gif
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • miclchmiclch Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yo, mikej,

chill out man.. i am not talking about any exam content.. why are you so paranoid about that?

from the Lammle book, he kept giving examples of using SDM. What i meant is whether there are questions regarding SDM? Would Cisco shows us SDM and ask us to work on it?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you would have followed the link in Mike's post and looked at the exam objectives, you'd see SDM mentioned multiple times...
    miclch wrote: »
    yo, mikej,

chill out man.. i am not talking about any exam content.. why are you so paranoid about that?

from the Lammle book, he kept giving examples of using SDM. What i meant is whether there are questions regarding SDM? Would Cisco shows us SDM and ask us to work on it?

If you are not talking about exam questions then what questions are you talking about?
    what? what are you talking about networker050184?
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    what? what are you talking about networker050184?

You asked for someone to tell you whether there were questions about SDM on the test, they would have had to break the NDA to answer that.
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    From the link that Mike posted, it lists the exam topics, and they are numerous.....

here is a sample though.....

Configure, verify, and troubleshoot basic router operation and routing on Cisco devices
    Describe basic routing concepts (including: packet forwarding, router lookup process)
    Describe the operation of Cisco routers (including: router bootup process, POST, router components)
    Select the appropriate media, cables, ports, and connectors to connect routers to other network devices and hosts
    Configure, verify, and troubleshoot RIPv2
    Access and utilize the router to set basic parameters.(including: CLI/SDM)

Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network
    Describe the purpose and types of ACLs
    Configure and apply ACLs based on network filtering requirements.(including: CLI/SDM)
    Configure and apply an ACLs to limit telnet and SSH access to the router using (including: SDM/CLI)
    Configure NAT for given network requirements using (including: CLI/SDM)
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
    hahaha.. i see where you guys are coming from.. that's really secretive..
    I'm talking about this.....
    I am reading Sybex CCNA book. Is there any SDM or CNA simulations test questions on CCNA?

I'm assuming you meant the CCNA certification exam. As Mike pointed out no one can tell you that.
    icon_confused.gif:

It must be the ZERO TOLERANCE Policy we have here at TechExams.net for **** and CHEATING SCUM.

Exactly which part of the Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement that said
    including, without limitation, questions, answers, worksheets, computations, drawings, diagrams, length or number of exam segments or questions
    wasn't clear?
  • mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Psssttt...!! I'll tell you a secret...

YOU WILL SEE SDM ON THE EXAM...

But of course I'm just telling you what the exam blueprint already says.. haha icon_lol.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    considering that there are also hundreds of questions in a pool you may or may not get asked anything about SDM or even subnetting who knows until you take the test.
  • ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    I really think this was a case where people could have just said, "Yes, questions relating to SDM can be asked on the exam so you should know it."

It's pretty obvious this was what he was after.

He didn't ask, "What SDM questions did you get on your exam?".

Tone it down a bit, you don't want to scare away the non quick-fix seeking cheaters. :)
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
    He didn't ask, "What SDM questions did you get on your exam?".
    Is there any SDM or CNA simulations test questions on CCNA?
    Sounds like they were asking about EXAM CONTENT to me.
  • ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Sounds like they were asking about EXAM CONTENT to me.

From that question I would take it that he wanted to know if it was possible for SDM/CNA questions to be asked on the exam...

Meh.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I really think this was a case where people could have just said, "Yes, questions relating to SDM can be asked on the exam so you should know it."
    I did say that.
    Wow wow.. this topic is getting out of hand.

Thanks to ConstantlyLearning for understanding my question.
    Sorry to mikej and others that misunderstood my question. Let me reask the question, "Is there any SDM or CNA simulations TYPE of questions on CCNA?". Which I now learnt that there might be since it is already STATED on the learning objectives.

Thanks anyway for any help or comments. I will now learn SDM.
    Let me reask the question, "Is there any SDM or CNA simulations TYPE of questions on CCNA?". Which I now learnt that there might be since it is already STATED on the learning objectives.
    And let me restate the answer.

We cannot tell you what is on the exam -- that's why we pointed you to the exam topics.

We cant tell you about the types or number of questions on the exams -- which is what you are still asking.

It's in the exam topics. It may -- or may not -- be asked on the exam. .
    From that question I would take it that he wanted to know if it was possible for SDM/CNA questions to be asked on the exam...
    mikej412 wrote: »
    And the first thing in my first post didn't tell him that? icon_rolleyes.gif And other's posting the same thing didn't get though?
    Let me reask the question, "Is there any SDM or CNA simulations TYPE of questions on CCNA?". Which I now learnt that there might be since it is already STATED on the learning objectives.
    And let me restate the answer.

We cannot tell you what is on the exam -- that's why we pointed you to the exam topics.

We can't tell you about the types or number of questions on the exams -- which is what you are still asking.

It's in the exam topics. It may -- or may not -- be asked on the exam. .
This discussion has been closed.