I passed with a 660!!!

bhs00bhs00 Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
It was MUCH harder than I expected. Lots of questions I had to guess at. Oh well, I had 70-290 next Tuesday. Then I will study for 70-291 to have MCSA. After that maybe CCNA.

Comments

• ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Congrats on the pass and good luck on finishing the MCSA
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Congrats on the pass, and good luck with the 290!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • MikeO5422MikeO5422 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats and good luck!
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    icon_cheers.gif

And good luck on 290.
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done!

I applaud your effort my friend! What study material/books did you use? And how was the exam experience(for N+ and A+)? were there labs and stuff?

Congrats Again!!!
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Looks like you barely made it with that score, but a pass is a pass - Congrats!!!

I think the upcoming 2009 test will be more up to date and the younger guys will score higher. Does CompTIA really still make you know all about Netware?

Novell was cool in its day, but (outside of knowing what IPX is) it's just not important to learn it these days.

Good luck on your next cert!

:)
  • bhs00bhs00 Member Posts: 70 ■■□□□□□□□□
    no lab simulations. I used CBT Nuggets and techexams practice exams. Yes there were a few netware questions thrown about. I had been putting it off for months. But I am taking the 70-290 exam tomorrow and after that im going to a job fair so I thought it would be beneficial to have more than what i have. I have a year experience in pretty much desktop support, a Bachelor's degree in MIS, A+, now Network+, and I passed the Vista exam to be MCP. Im trying my best to get out of where I am, a poultry processing company making 26,000.

Im hoping to get something 50 miles away in Huntsville, and make 30,000 or a little more. Is my goal set to high for my qualifications now?
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats on your pass and good luck with 290.
    bhs00 wrote: »
    ....I have a year experience in pretty much desktop support, a Bachelor's degree in MIS, A+, now Network+, and I passed the Vista exam to be MCP. Im trying my best to get out of where I am, a poultry processing company making 26,000.

Im hoping to get something 50 miles away in Huntsville, and make 30,000 or a little more. Is my goal set to high for my qualifications now?

It sounds reasonable if you don't have any experience in the IT field. Starting out is always tough, so you might have to find a help desk job, especially in this economy. I wouldn't sell yourself short though, keep your eyes open for all IT jobs. Apply for jobs even if they are for 40k or 50k. If nothing else, it's good experience to know the whole interview process. Your Bachelors will come in quite handy for a requirement for many jobs.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
    Congrats on your pass and good luck with 290.

It sounds reasonable if you don't have any experience in the IT field. Starting out is always tough, so you might have to find a help desk job, especially in this economy. I wouldn't sell yourself short though, keep your eyes open for all IT jobs. Apply for jobs even if they are for 40k or 50k. If nothing else, it's good experience to know the whole interview process. Your Bachelors will come in quite handy for a requirement for many jobs.

Thats the thing though. I have been applying to desktop suprt jobs as well as helpdesk and havent received any calls back. I would love a helpdesk job except the ones that end up being just a call center for customers. Defense contracts are really big in Huntsville and so Ive been hoping to get one of those helpdesk or desktop support jobs. There are 2 job fairs coming up in the city. First one is tomorrow which is why I took the Network+ exam this weekend. It is a "diversity" job fair, but in two weeks Dice is sponsoring an IT job fair. So hopefully I can get in at one of those. I mean a year experience is alot better than none.
    bhs00 wrote: »
    Thats the thing though. I have been applying to desktop suprt jobs as well as helpdesk and havent received any calls back. I would love a helpdesk job except the ones that end up being just a call center for customers. Defense contracts are really big in Huntsville and so Ive been hoping to get one of those helpdesk or desktop support jobs. There are 2 job fairs coming up in the city. First one is tomorrow which is why I took the Network+ exam this weekend. It is a "diversity" job fair, but in two weeks Dice is sponsoring an IT job fair. So hopefully I can get in at one of those. I mean a year experience is alot better than none.

Have you tried calling them with a follow up? This shows that your very interested in the job, many employers like this. 1 or 2 phone calls as a follow up I think would be appropriate. Don't call them more then that or you will sound desperate (and annoying).

Good luck in your search, it's a tough economy so don't get too down on yourself. Just keep looking, studying and getting any certs you can.
    Have you tried calling them with a follow up? This shows that your very interested in the job, many employers like this. 1 or 2 phone calls as a follow up I think would be appropriate. Don't call them more then that or you will sound desperate (and annoying).

Good luck in your search, it's a tough economy so don't get too down on yourself. Just keep looking, studying and getting any certs you can.

The closest ive been to a job is I got an interview with a recruiter from **********. But it wasn't actually for a job, just a "get to know you" interview.
  • BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    Congrats mate, and good luck on your 290, i will be talking it next month
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    Hi guys just wanna know anybody online can reply me if you are A+ and N+ Cert how many exams do you have to write to become MCSA.
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
    Bulletz wrote: »
    Hi guys just wanna know anybody online can reply me if you are A+ and N+ Cert how many exams do you have to write to become MCSA.

1) You have to do either the 70-270 (XP) or 70-620 (Vista)
    2) 70-290
    3) 70-291

MCSA on Windows Server 2003 Certification Requirements
    Apply Your Credentials to Microsoft Certifications