Options

Path to MCSE 2003

NemelizaNemeliza Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
im planning to take on the MCSE in the upsomming months. i was thinking about it and is it better for me to do a MCSE 2000 FIRST then do the upgrade, or should i just jump in at 2003.

it does look 'nicer' on a CV in my oppinion to have 2000/2003 compared to just 2003 but i dont know if there is any implications in doing the upgrade path as opposed to the direct path.

All oppinions welcom.

Thanks
Nem.
Nemz.

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    There are no implications to doing the upgrade. I would actually recco going that route. I would rather have both on my resume/cv. Besides, most companies are still using 2000 right now.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    keef-richardskeef-richards Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm currently going for MCSA 2003 at the minute, studying for 70-290 exam just now.

My work use a mixture of NT/2000 and 2003 servers - any new servers we create are always 2003. I dont expect to finish my MCSA until the end of next year, by which point I expect most companies will be up to 2003 standard. But even if they aren't then its not exactly a massive change coming from working on 2003 servers to 2000 servers.
  • Options
    NemelizaNemeliza Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeh ill look into doing it the 2000/upgrade way and see how i get on. books for 2000 are cheaper too :)
    Nemz.
  • Options
    FoadnsFoadns Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had to make exactly the same decision recently,
    I'm doing the 2003 Server route without any knowledge of 2000.
    Just started on 70 290 this week