Starting study for ICND2

Passed the ICND1 yesterday and will begin study for the ICND2 today.

I will be using the following material:

CBT Nuggets
TrainSignal
Sybex CCNA study guide
ICND2 Official Exam Cert. Guide

I have a couple of college exams to prepare for over the next few weeks so I'll just be going through the CBT Nuggets during that time.

According to Jeremy, "This series is gonna be awesome!" :)

Will start off by going through the 3 review videos later today.

Looking forward to getting stuck into the material especially in mid December when I can focus on it.

I know there's a few others who are starting study for this as well so good luck to you all.
"There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"

Comments

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck man. i liked this better than the ccent as you get more hands on as you work up.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    I started refreshing for ICND2 this weekend having passed ICND1 on friday. I plan on doing what I did for ICND1 which was to go over the exam objectives, highlight my weak points and then use CBT's. Anything I need cleared up I goto the Lammle book.

I've also taken all 4 Cisco courses, 2 at my community college and the last 2 for my current school. So for me it's just a refresh. Although, Frame Relay has a lot of little things to remember. That's my tough spot.

VLANs and VTP, STP is not an issue. It's that dang Frame Relay.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    nel wrote:
    Good luck man. i liked this better than the ccent as you get more hands on as you work up.

I was originally preparing for the 802 exam, had gone through the entire Lammle book and labbed everything up and thought "This is f*cking awesome" so I'm definately looking forward to using the CLI more.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
    phantasm wrote:
    I started refreshing for ICND2 this weekend having passed ICND1 on friday. I plan on doing what I did for ICND1 which was to go over the exam objectives, highlight my weak points and then use CBT's. Anything I need cleared up I goto the Lammle book.

I've also taken all 4 Cisco courses, 2 at my community college and the last 2 for my current school. So for me it's just a refresh. Although, Frame Relay has a lot of little things to remember. That's my tough spot.

phantasm is gonna be a CCNA by the end of November then? :P
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    phantasm wrote:

phantasm is gonna be a CCNA by the end of November then? :P

I'm hoping more like the first 2 weeks of December. After CCNA it's time for CCNA: Security followed by the CCNP. I hope.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck guys. I might have gone the two test route if they gave me a cert for the first test (I got mine before the whole CCENT thing).

I like the fact that the CCNA is no longer the entry-level Cisco cert. It's not an easy cert to get, and hopefully having one a level below the CCNA will help its value.
    Alrighty.

Have those two college exams done now so the real work for CCNA begins.

I've gone through half of the ICND2 Nuggets, labbing everything up. Going to go through the rest of them over the next couple of days.

I'll be hitting up the Sybex book then while going through the nuggets again.

Plan on taking the ICND2 on January 19th.
  • JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    Good luck, as long as you get some serious time in you should have no problems passing the exam.
    Exam booked for this Friday, 23rd.

Have gone through the Sybex book, Exam Cert Guide and Nuggets.

Doing the Boson Exam at the moment, in Study Mode. There's 155 questions, I'm on 5 now. :)
    It's untimed so I'm just plodding through it carefully.

Plan for the next few days is to go through the Train Signal Videos and the Exam Cram practice questions book.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Exam booked for this Friday, 23rd
    Friday exams allow plenty of time for CELEBRATION!! drunken_smilie.gif
    I take that as a sign that you feel well prepared. icon_study.gif

Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    Good luck on the exam.. make sure you watch your time on this one and read the questions carefully. Don't linger (I almost got in trouble on a sim).
  • phil2006phil2006 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Exam booked for this Friday, 23rd.

All the best mate
    Got an 876.

Went through the TrainSignal Videos in the week leading up to the exam. Thought Chris Bryant was really good, you can only take so many of Jeremy's analagies. :)
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Got an 876.

Went through the TrainSignal Videos in the week leading up to the exam. Thought Chris Bryant was really good, you can only take so many of Jeremy's analagies. :)

Congrats! Mine is in March.
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! :) What's next?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

Don't forget to update your profile certification list -- Monday morning will be fine!! Enjoy the Celebration!! drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Celebrated last night, Friday exams are good. :)

BSCI up next.

Cheers to all the knowlegable folk on TE.
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Congrats
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • thuggthugg Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on becoming CCNA.