Options

What is Cloud computing?

mishymishy Member Posts: 209 ■■■□□□□□□□
Sorry if this a silly questions but can anyone provide me with a link or site that provides more information about Cloud computing ( what it is and what it can do for you .etc). I have been looking for some info on the web but none has been quite helpful.

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    <Ralph Voice>
    Cloud computing is when God sends Angels with computers to fix the internet from the sky...
    </Ralph Voice>

Sorry couldn't resist...
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Cloud computing is an overused currently trendy buzzword. Basically everything is hosted somewhere out there on the internet. All it is doing at the moment is providing an even stronger position for Google, Amazon et al. Once they've got your data then it is very difficult to move it to another platform.
  • Options
    pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
    When I was still in school, I use to always bust up inside whenever the teacher would be talking all the techno speak and then . . . . draw a big cloud on the board.

250px-TheCloud.svg.png

I'm sorry the dichotomy of it just always cracked me up.
  • Options
    mishymishy Member Posts: 209 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the wikipedia link. I also found this HowStuffWorks "How the Google-Apple Cloud Computer Will Work" it workedtoday but it was not working last time I wanted to find more information about it.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    mishy wrote: »
    it workedtoday but it was not working last time I wanted to find more information about it.

That should tell you all you need to know about the current viability of cloud computing...
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just saw this one 'Romanticizing cloud computing will destroy it'

Romanticizing cloud computing will destroy it |Cloud Computing | whurley | InfoWorld
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn