Free MCDST Exam Preparation e-learning course by Microsoft

D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Okay, I guess I'll finish my MCDST now....I can't remember which exam I passed, and which I still have to take.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Do you think this is enough to pass the exam? icon_confused.gif
    I would say so. I thought the exam I took was pretty easy. I would say, coming from M$ deirect, it's probably all you need to know. I'm guessing their doing this to try and boost the cert itself. Not many people have not gone for it, mainly because it's not holding any major value.
    Description:
    This online clinic prepares students who are currently providing end-user support in a Microsoft® Windows® XP operating environment with a review of the objectives covered on the Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) certification exams.

Would "review" mean that this is covering the basics? icon_confused.gif

I'm just wondering how hard the exams are, I have 3 years desktop support and I thought A+ & Network+ were easy. I only studied for each exam 2 weeks. icon_wink.gif
    I say you're good now. Just from what you said. If you think you know XP ans IE, then you'll pass. I took 71-272, and thought it was easy enough to finish in 23 minutes and pass. With your experience, and previous knowledge, plus the free M$ revirew, you could easily add this to your resume IMO.
    Not sure if I can focus on studying for both exams at the same time... icon_eek.gif
    Than just do one at a time. I didn't see any expiration on the M$ training, so as you go, just do you a little at a time. I would say you're ready when you can look at the objectives, and not be stumped on any one area. Not neccessarily an expert, but know enough to pass. I don't of any other training resources around, so this coming from M$ is probably all you need. I haven't seen any MCDST practice questions either, if I do, I'll link them here.
  • jacev1jacev1 Member Posts: 107
    Ricka182 wrote:
    I haven't seen any MCDST practice questions either, if I do, I'll link them here.

Transcender has a demo for each exam:
    http://www.transcender.com/products/productlist.aspx?tab=td[/url]

Not free, but more training material:
    http://www.cbtnuggets.com/webapp/product?id=280
    Wars not make one great. Coffee makes one Great!
    - Master Yoda
    Thanks for the links! icon_wink.gif

I think i might just go for MCDST, what version of Office do they test you on? 2000?XP?2003? icon_confused.gif
    XP is the primary target, but you should be somewhat prepared for anything with M$.
    icon_redface.gif I think I will just do 70-215 and finnish my MCSA 2000 then move onto MCSE 2000, then do MCDST after that. That way I can just focus on one version of OS. What do you think? Then Upgrade my MCSA/MCSE 2000 to 2003. Then I would have MCSA/MCSE 2000 & 2003, A+, Network+ and MCDST Cert's. It might be easier once I have that knowledge... icon_wink.gif

Thanks for your advice and tips! Since you have passed 1 MCDST exam you may as well see if you can make the 5000 Charter Club icon_wink.gif

D-boy