How ready am I?

BigLouBigLou Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
I already have a good idea of the Network+ concepts so I just read the technotes on this site, took all 60 practice exam questions and scored 47 correct. Should I purchase another reading material or just take a few more practice exams then take a shot on the exam?

Thanks

Comments

• mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Go to the CompTIA website and download the exam objectives for Network+. Review them all and if you feel that you have a solid foundation on all the topics, by all means take the exam. Though, most of us would be a bit rusty if we're not actively utilizing certain information on a constant basis, so it might be prudent to review a study guide first. Take the assessment exam for the study guide and review all topics that were missed, review chapter summaries, and also review any tips on exam essentials. That should cover all the bases if you already know the majority of the subject material. If you do get your hands on a study guide, it will also come with a computerized practice test which will help to further gauge your level of readiness and also help to reinforce any last minute details.
  • snowdudesnowdude Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    if you are feeling fairly confident already, check out the TE study guide here and review another source if you feel like you need to. I like the Exam Cram 2 as a quick reference. It has practice tests and comes with a CD as well so that should cover what you need to know.
  • BigLouBigLou Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, I bought the transcender study material. It was a huge help in me passing the Windows XP cert. Ill read the book, take the practice exams and see where I stand.
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    With the tests on this site would be getting at least 55 out of 60 right before I went in for the real thing. I scored all 60 right on this site without memorizing the answers - when I went in for the real test I scored a 750. This without any other practice tests to help me. I just read a Net+ book and the passport book by Mike Myers.

They are not difficult tests, but don't take them lightly, it's a lot of money to attempt it. I overheard some people at B&N looking at network+ books... they mentioned they didn't really know anything yet about Networking and they bought the smallest little exam cram book and said this should be good... I'll read it then take the test and i should be fine.

They are probably in for a rude awakening.

Anyways, back to you. What is your main source for studying?
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • BigLouBigLou Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TravR1 wrote: »
    With the tests on this site would be getting at least 55 out of 60 right before I went in for the real thing. I scored all 60 right on this site without memorizing the answers - when I went in for the real test I scored a 750. This without any other practice tests to help me. I just read a Net+ book and the passport book by Mike Myers.

They are not difficult tests, but don't take them lightly, it's a lot of money to attempt it. I overheard some people at B&N looking at network+ books... they mentioned they didn't really know anything yet about Networking and they bought the smallest little exam cram book and said this should be good... I'll read it then take the test and i should be fine.

They are probably in for a rude awakening.

Anyways, back to you. What is your main source for studying?

Thanks for the reponse. I am going to attempt to pull this off by just reading the tech notes on this site, the transcender book (which is not a 500 page almanac) and just by going over practice tests: The transender test engine, the practice exam on this site, and a few other free tests that are out there.

I want to try and do this without having to read a 600 page book because although the info is more indepth I will forget most of the stuff that's in there anyway. The technotes and transcender book gives you the meat of what you need to know.

Right now I feel comfortable with the practice questions. I am getting about 65% of them right (I know I have to do better before I take the real exam) and even the questions I am getting wrong I am kicking myself for realizing I knew the answer and should have just thought it out further.

Thanks