CBT - Installing Cisco Call Manager Express

mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well I figured I'd provide my first major contribution to the CCNA voice forum by creating a video on how to quickly install call manager express.

I did this video different from all of my other videos. In this video i just started recording and went with it. I did cut a few things to make it shorter to fit on YouTube though.

Also at the end, I laughed pretty good about, I said install CME on a phone and its funny that i said that because I was looking at the CME site and I saw the word phone and I said it while thinking router. I hate it when that happens.

If you have any questions about CME, feel free to post.

Installing Cisco Call Manager Express

Note: The video has been uploaded and is processing, once its finished processing it will be available to view.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Comments

• ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Very cool of you to take the time to do this!

One note for you, the CLI shows up very blurry for and I'm unable to see what you're typing. It seems like you are very vocal with the commands, but I thought I'd let you know.
  • mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ColbyNA wrote: »
    Very cool of you to take the time to do this!

One note for you, the CLI shows up very blurry for and I'm unable to see what you're typing. It seems like you are very vocal with the commands, but I thought I'd let you know.

Yeah, The video has not been processed in HD yet. When its in HD you'll see it better.

UPDATE: It's now viewable in HD!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Compatibility Information web page.

The Cisco Unified CME and Cisco IOS Software Version Compatibility Matrix shows you the IOS Version and the supported CME Version.

"I hate when that happens" icon_lol.gif (can you tell I'm going through the video now?)

Enable it!! Enable it!!

I still had the fuzzies in the video I saw....

So, is the first sequel in the works yet? I'm thinking Configuration Assistant Walk Through and at least 1 phone ringing at the end. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    haha yeah! it was a fresh config and i forgot to do logging sync :D

I dont see why Cisco does not enable that by default. And towards the end i was trying to say router but i saw the word "phone" and said "install cme on a phone" haha soon as i said it i felt like banging my head on the desk...

I'll probably do a few more voice videos in the future such as dial-peers, and basic cme configuration but I need to do a wireshark vid real fast and demonstrate telnet vs ssh :D then I'll probably start on the dreaded topic of subnetting icon_rolleyes.gif
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great video. Thanks for taking the time to do that.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Man, I can't thank you enough for your web page. We use Cisco CM and Security devices here at work and I have been looking for some way to get more "stick" time since I am the backup for our main CM admin. I think that role may fall into my hands in the VERY near future, so thanks for everything, I am looking at your videos page and there is enough there to keep me busy for awhile!!!!!
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!