Options

My future certification path!

PentekontPentekont Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I would like some of the other members to comment on my planned certification path.

At the moment I hold CompTIA A+ Essentials and 70-620, on the 31st I have booked the 220-602 exam, on the 6th of February I will attempt the 70-622 exam.

My next targets are: 70-270 -> 70-271 -> 70-272 -> Network +

A bit of explanation:

70-270 - I've got Vista cert so XP cert would show that I know two main user operating systems.

70-271 and 70-272 - I would like to get the MCDST title, I know that a lot of people would just do 70-271 and 70-272 but I feel that having 70-270 means something.

Network + - As far as I know this is a useful "entry level" certificate.

I don't work in IT at the moment but I would like to change my job asap, even to a low paid help desk, I understand that I need to gain experience.

I think that all of those certifications are "entry level" so there should be no problems with me having too many certification with not enough of hands on experience.

I would like to hear your comments.

Kind regards

Comments

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    A+, network+, mcp, CCNA if you can, are all good certs, but If I were you I will invest most of my time job hunting, because getting an entry level job is the most important thing for you right now, certs can come later. Keep learning and achieving those certs, but in parallel look for a job, don't wait until you finish all your certs, IMHO of course.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Have to agree with the previous post. Your path for certs is good at this point but like the person said above start applying for a entry level job like helpdesk and then continue on your path to acheiving your certification.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    PentekontPentekont Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm trying to find the job @ the moment, hopefully I will find a new one before the end of the spring... icon_confused.gif: