Options

Objective Review VS. Practice Test? (MS Press Measurup)

heythatsjourneyheythatsjourney Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I will be taking the 70-290 exam next month and have been using several mediums to study, one is the MS Press book, that includes the software from Measure Up.

Maybe I have not worked with it enough, but what is the difference between the Objective Review and Practice Test exams? They both give you thesame options for time, questions, etc.

As of right now I am getting roughly 70% on these exams and Transcender. I am also going through the labs, I hope I am ready by next month. I am trying not to remember the questions, and go through each one and explain to myself why the answer is the answer etc.

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT:
Also, how come passing is set to 87% for these exams? Can you change it to say 70%? This one is not a huge deal :p

EDIT2:
I think I have noticed that the objective review tells you in more detail what areas you got questions wrong in etc at the end of the test. Can anyone confirm this?

Comments

• Options
    DaggedDagged Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    questions from study materials are different than real one. IMHO transcender has harder than microsoft's one icon_smile.gif so don't bother to remember icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    I tried to install the Measure Up software to see if I could help answer you questions, but I'm running Vista and it does seem to be playing nice with my OS, so unfortunately I can't offer any details as to what the different types of practice exams mean.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of practice exams. Use them sparingly to weed out your weak spots and then hit the books to do your reviewing. If you spend too much time doing practice exams, you'll end up memorizing questions by accident, and you can spend that time much better reviewing & learning.

By the way, even if you could lower the pass rate to 70% (which I'm pretty sure you can't), I wouldn't advise it. Sure you "only" need to get 700 on a scale of 100-1000 to pass the exam (so you need to earn 600 out of a possible 900 points), but this isn't exactly an easy exam from what I hear and you want to be sure that you're as ready as possible instead of just squeaking by. Otherwise, you could get 'lucky' and end up getting lots of questions on that ~30% you don't know so well. Take the time to review & prepare until you're feeling comfortable with the exam materials, and if you need to, reschedule or delay the exam until you're ready. Just my opinion...
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    skrpune wrote: »
    I tried to install the Measure Up software to see if I could help answer you questions, but I'm running Vista and it does seem to be playing nice with my OS...

I had the same issue when I was studying for the 70-620 exam. I downloaded and installed .Net Framework 3.5 and it resolved this issue. I can now run the Measure Up Software on my vista pc now.
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    I had the same issue when I was studying for the 70-620 exam. I downloaded and installed .Net Framework 3.5 and it resolved this issue. I can now run the Measure Up Software on my vista pc now.
    good to know...I'll give that a shot & see if it works
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion