70-298 completed :D

I went for my 70-298 Security design exam yesterday, it's been slightly less than a week since my last exam (took on Thursday 22nd) but after hammering through the book and practise exams and reading a number of comments on here about the style of the exam I thought I'd give it a blast.
I found 70-298 to be an interesting exam, while there was a lot of background info, I was pleasently suprised to find it sensibly organised and sorted into categories that you could view one at a time. It was also good to see that a lot of a questions gave you a pointer as to the information you were looking for with comments such as "Address the CIO's concerns"... queue 1 click flick to the CIO's comments tab and back to the question for an easy answer. Also a good few of the questions I encountered didn't really require a reference to the source material, two of the answers tended to be totally unrelated to the subject matter (creating groups to apply GPO's for exam) and the other answer would just be unworkable (create an individual OU for each employee...).
Being a natual speed reader was a huge advantage in this exam, but I can imagine the time limits coming very close for a number of people (I wonder if we have many dyslexic MCSE's, those design exams are really word heavy). Anyway I was delighted to find at the end I'd come away with a score of 892. This is another of those exams based more on reading comprehension than technical knowledge, but even still I'd recommend a quick brush up of PKI and OU infrastructures and a quick blast through multifactor authentication methods isn't a bad idea either.

Comments

• zepjemzepjem Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Woohoo well done :D xx
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations! So you just have 294 before you're a full-blown MCSE? Are you going to tack on Security+ or one of the ISA exams for the security specialization?
  • elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    dynamik wrote: »
    Congratulations! So you just have 294 before you're a full-blown MCSE? Are you going to tack on Security+ or one of the ISA exams for the security specialization?

Nope I got 294 on the rebound last Thursday :D
    I do quite fancy getting MCSE:S, but Security+ is so expensive and the ISA exams are based on a product that's on the way out (plus I really hate ISA :D). I think I probably will take Sec+ at some point, but I'm more interested in the 2K8 upgrade first.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ah, so it's official then!? Don't forget to update your profile, slacker ;)
    dynamik wrote: »
    Ah, so it's official then!? Don't forget to update your profile, slacker ;)

lol, I've bearly had a chance to eat or drink over the last month, but shiny new profile goodness has been added :D
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    He's just trying to confuse you. Here is his other MSCE thread
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
    He's just trying to confuse you. Here is his other MSCE thread

Hehe, I was trying to keep the threads in the correct sub-forums, but looks like I just managed to confuse things instead. See that's what a week of intensive study for an MS Design exam will do for you. I'm seeing security groups and OU's in everyday life now.