Options

Google thinks everybody has malware (fixed now tho)

tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
Google had a problem earlier where every single result came back flagged as potential malware. You'd get the warning page even if you searched for Google itself. It appears to have been fixed however...

There is an explanation at the Official Google Blog. Basically somebody added "/" to a list which flagged everything.

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ouch for the guy/gal who did that. Hope Google doesn't can him as mistakes do happen. I'm sure during the 40 minute time frame in which this occurred, Google lost a lot of money.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    royal wrote: »
    Ouch for the guy/gal who did that. Hope Google doesn't can him as mistakes do happen. I'm sure during the 40 minute time frame in which this occurred, Google lost a lot of money.

seriously, google probably lost a bit of cash on that mistake, I feel for the guy who did that.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    The blog comments on the stopbadware site are just daft. Most of them are ranting and going on about how they'll switch to another search engine now.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    DOH! That's actually pretty funny...
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    NSSANSSA Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wonder what Larry and Sergey are thinking about right now...

...besides their billions of dollars :)