Passed BCMSN

kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
This was a very odd exam and there were a few things I would have never guessed would be on there. I wish that I had given myself a couple more days to reinforce many of the topics, but I passed and I can always go back over my leak areas later.

The Cisco Press books seem to be for some other version of the exam objectives, which was kind of annoying. The necessary information was still there, just between unnecessary stuff. For anyone else studying for this exam I recommend you carefully look over the exam topics and focus your studies in those areas of the books.The extra information is good to know, but I wouldn't spend a lot of time in those sections.

Looks as though there is some ISCW material in my future, or perhaps I'll do something unexpected tonight and relax a bit.

Comments

• jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Kaleb ;) maybe those cross references is required to reinforce understanding on a particular topic.

Celebration time!!!
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man. I'm looking to take this test sometime soon if I can ever get away from this network overhaul/domain migration/insanity...
  • Met44Met44 Member Posts: 194
    Congrats kalebksp!
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats man

Well written opinion of the exam

I'm one of many who thinks that Cisco needs to stick to what they teach in their books

Because it looks like they scared away the competition when it to comes to books about the BCMSN

Of course a lot of books are only available in digital these days so maybe I'm missing something

Anyhow, nice job on the pass!

:)
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Netwurk wrote: »

Because it looks like they scared away the competition when it to comes to books about the BCMSN

:)

I think Cisco is pushing us to look beyond the written text, and to leverage our research skills.
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ccnpninja wrote: »
    I think Cisco is pushing us to look beyond the written text, and to leverage our research skills.

I think they are trying to sell more books

;)
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Nice job kal.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.