display fit on M$Vpc

puertorico123puertorico123 Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
i have two VM (playing for my 70-290), one is Server 2003 that fit the display, but in XP profesional (SP3) does not fit the display. ( i dont use full display in both?). my resolution setting in XP does not equall on server 2003.
i use MS virtual pc.
HOLD:
Comptia A+
Comptia Network+

2009 Plan:
MCSA...75%
CCENT....0%
70-648..0%

2010 Plan:
MCITP
ORACLE

Comments

• msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Studying for a Microsoft certification and referring to Microsoft as M$ is absolutely hilarious, in a maybe you should seek out Linux certifications if you feel that way kind of way.

Anyways, why not adjust the resolution to the proper level on the XP VM?
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Did you install the virtual machine additions in the XP VM?
    Good luck to all!
  • puertorico123puertorico123 Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Studying for a Microsoft certification and referring to Microsoft as M$ is absolutely hilarious, in a maybe you should seek out Linux certifications if you feel that way kind of way.

Anyways, why not adjust the resolution to the proper level on the XP VM?

XP VM have only 2 option for resolution, and the VM setting, is disable.
    HOLD:
    Comptia A+
    Comptia Network+

2009 Plan:
    MCSA...75%
    CCENT....0%
    70-648..0%

2010 Plan:
    MCITP
    ORACLE
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I've always chuckled at this same notion, (but note that I'd get chased out of town by pitchfork-wielding villagers if I threw out things like "Linsux" or "open-farce software" as casually. icon_lol.gif )

In any case, Virtual PC is a very basic way of spinning up VMs. There are going to be issues, there are going to be some things you can't adjust for, and that's the unfortunate reality of a simple, free product. You might have better luck with Virtual Server 2005, which is also free but has a much broader set of features, (and is also more difficult to configure). You may, however, need to look into VMware, which is the VM host of choice for most people.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    you are making your issue way harder than it has to be. just simply resize your VMs window (aka hover your mouse over the corner of the window until it turns into the little arrow and drag it until the resolution fits the window)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    Did you install the virtual machine additions in the XP VM?

Did you try that? Usually the integration tools allow you to have more flexibility when it comes to the resolution (such as autofitting the guest). I'd definitely make sure they're installed.
  • puertorico123puertorico123 Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sorry for the delay. i resolve the issue with the Virtual addition.
    but i have other problem, i configure the network in both "local only" but now, each pc does not comunication. (server 2003 - XP). each one have now IP address 169.254.x.x.
    HOLD:
    Comptia A+
    Comptia Network+

2009 Plan:
    MCSA...75%
    CCENT....0%
    70-648..0%

2010 Plan:
    MCITP
    ORACLE