Options

Techaxams CWNA practise exam - possible wrong answer?

strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm new to this forum so not sure if this the correct place to post this information.

I have found what I believe is a wrong answer to Question 8 of the IEEE 802.11 standards quizz you have here on your wonderful website.

The questions asks which of the following spread spectrum technologies are included in the 802.11 standard. One of the answers you have put as correct is Infrared however Infrared is not a spread spectrum technology as described in the CWNA study guide in the Wireless LAN Organizations and Standards chapter in the Infrared section.

Tell me if I'm wrong but I'm planning for my CWNA exam next week and would like to clear that up.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You are correct, infrared is not a spread spectrum technology (I have the same book ;)). It's not the answer that is wrong though, it's my wording in the question. I shouldn't have said 'spread spectrum technologies', but instead just 'technologies'. (it's important to know that infrared is defined in 802.11)

Thanks for letting me know. I've removed the words 'spread spectrum' from the question.
  • Options
    strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cool, thanks for that info.