Security+ test

dmartindmartin Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
First I would like to say nice website.

To start I took a New Horizon traing class on security+. I jumped right into the test and scored a 729, of course this wasn't enough to pass. I was really thrown by the wording of the questions. I will be taking it again in the morning.

Do you get the same questions or will they all be differnent, I hope they change them. I am ready, I read the whole Preplogic book this week and feel more prepared.

David Martin

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Thanks and welcome...

A lot of questions will probably be the same, but it is very unlikely you'll get the same selection of the entire question pool.

Good luck tomorrow!
  • dmartindmartin Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks I hope it will be over, I need a study break... :)

David
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck with your retake :)
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
    Well

Its over I passed with 788, took me less than an hour. This test was a challenge and I'm off to Linux+ now.

I sat in on a New Horizon training class and I think the Preplogic book helped me the most.

David Martin
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations!

Linux+ should give you some time to 'recover' from the Security+ exam ;)
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hearty congrats icon_thumright.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • freakfreak Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How would you rate the New Horizon class? I hear they are horrible. My own experience with them was as an instructor, and I decided not to pursue working for them.
    Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, CEH, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify.net

InfoSecWeb.com

FreakNotes.com
    freak wrote:
    How would you rate the New Horizon class? I hear they are horrible. My own experience with them was as an instructor, and I decided not to pursue working for them.

They cost to much(2150.00) and doesn't teach you enough to pass the test. the instructor spoke for about 2 hours out of 8 each day and then gave us lab work to do, which was related to security settings in 2000/2003 server and exchange. The instructor said that we needed extra to pass the exam.

My company paid for the class and it did get me motivated to buy extra material and study hard.

David
  • freakfreak Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    that sounds like one of the worst classes I have ever heard of! I recently wrote a study guide for Sec+, so I am prett well aware of the official exam objectives, and what you describe as the curriculum provided by NH simply does not really apply to this test. I think I would ask for a refund :)
    Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, CEH, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify.net

InfoSecWeb.com

FreakNotes.com
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    What are the best books for the exam? icon_wink.gif

http://www.bookpool.com/.x/io98j39tf4/ss?qs=Security%2B+&x=52&y=10

I'm thinking about taking this one!