CCNA-Wireless Exam Scheduled - Feb 20th

redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
I finally scheduled my exam and I'm gearing up for that last push of studying. I've finished the reading and, frankly, I'm a bit disappointed in what Cisco decided to put into this one. I work with wireless every day and while I understand that Cisco is trying to push everyone onto their Unified, lightweight infrastructure, there are still lots of places running Autonomous and it would have been nice to have some material touching on that. I also though they could have spent less time on some of the "good to know" stuff like what a wireless frame looks like, etc, and more time on troubleshooting, configuration, and installation. I'm guessing all that will be a bigger component of the new professional exams when they come out.

I'm going to write up a study guide, review the material on the Cisco learning site for this exam and also watch the CBT Nuggets for the CWNA that I have for another source. I've gotta knock this one out by the end of Feb before we have a data center move!

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog

Comments

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck mate!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I wanted to study for this, but I had problems with obtaining the necessary hardware to lab the practices. Looking forward to reading about your impressions of the exam and any study/preparation tips that you'd like to share! :)
  • redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    I will say, just going off of the materials and objectives, that it has kind of disappointed me. I work with an autonomous infrastructure in most of my sites and I only have 1 site with a lightweight infrastructure. I know Cisco is deprecating the autonomous infrastructure in favor of their unified lightweight solution, but I still think that there are enough autonomous deployments out there that would make a few basics about how to maintain and troubleshoot those networks helpful.

I also was a little disappointed that the material on controllers and WCS seemed to only comprise a few short chapters near the end of the book. My guess is that they are holding back the "meat" for their upcoming professional level cert. (CCNP-Wireless anyone?!)

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog