Options

Ccda

passie78passie78 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just bought the CCDA Cisco Press DESGN book as I am taking the xam by the end of Feb 2009.

Can soemone give me some yips/hint on how to approach this exam?what was the xam like for those who passed ?any input is appreciated.

Thansk

Comments

• Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    First off, welcome to the forum.icon_wink.gif

Have you taken any other Cisco exams before? If so, you will definitely find the approach to the design type exams somewhat different from the others. The material tends to be more of a theoretical approach than more of a hands on approach as in other Cisco exams.

Still, if you like design and/or want to get a better idea of the big picture the design track can be interesting, too.
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    passie78 wrote: »
    I just bought the CCDA Cisco Press DESGN book as I am taking the xam by the end of Feb 2009.

Can soemone give me some yips/hint on how to approach this exam?what was the xam like for those who passed ?any input is appreciated.

Thansk

There's alot of ground to cover here, however if you have your CCNP alot of the stuff will be a recap.

I would recommend the key areas to focus on for this exam are below but I wouldn't neglect anything I've missed out completely;

VoIP - Bandwidth calculations, Gatekeeper, Gateways, dial / numbering plans, SIP, H.323, H.225, H245 & SCCP etc
    Security - Cisco self defending network, Security Agent, ASA, ASDM, SDM
    SONA / IIN
    Routing protocol selection - i.e. OSPF link state in multi vendor environment, EIGRP proprietry and know it uses DUAL, different tables toplogy, neighbor & routing tables. When to use BGP and when to use static for ISP connectivity
    VLANs, RSTP, STP, Etherchannel, Uplinkfast etc etc
    IP Addressing VLSM, Summarization (goes without saying)
    IPV 6 basics

From what I remember of the exam this is what springs to mind without giving any of the exam content away. I used the Diane Teare book and the Ciscopress reference sheets by Kevin Wallace.

Also used the Cisco SRND section of their website along with the BCMSN exam CBT Nuggets.

The Cisco SRND's will help you out alot so I'd personally recommend checking them out;
    Design Zone - Cisco Systems
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Very good summary, there. Thanks Malcy!