How long?

ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
How long do you guys study for the MCDST on a average day and what does your study consist of? i.e reading books, writing notes, watching some videos.

The studying hasn't really clicked with myself I seem to feel really tired when reading the MS Press Book I have this mentality when reading the book that there is to much useless information written. For example there is a tear out sheet in the front of the book listing the exam objectives and the book teaches you stuff which isn't even a objective? do we get tested on this?

I have tried watching videos aswell lol once again same situation ive got the CBT video the guy has a real annoying voice and I'm sat there watching it thinking ok what bits do I need to take in for the exam.
Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You need to be competent with help desk-level responsibilities. Even if something isn't on the exam, it's probably still useful to know if they included it. It depends on your experience and study habits, but you should probably be able to get through each exam in a couple of months.
  • ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    And how do you study? reading books and watching videos I get distracted I don't understand which information I need to take in and end up writing down everything which isn't really achieving much.

How the hell have you guys done your CCNA'S your MCSE's etc lol? My brain just doesn't seem to be able to take in material written in a book

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ok So I decided to put down the play station 3 controller tonight and gave the studying a chance. I worked my way slowly through the 1st chapter of the MS Press book I am about halfway through this chapter

Whatever I did seems to be working, Seems there is a brain in there after all

I did a 25 question test on Installing Windows XP I customised the test to just bring up questions related to the XP install troubleshooting. Bearing in mind I am only halfway through the chapter I scored 77% which was a fail by 3 marks. One of the questions I knew the answer to but I misread the tick two answers box and only did the one.

So how did I engage the brain?

* Cut off distractions for me it's the playstation 3, Study first then play that's the reward
    * I found reading the source material slowly and out loud helps me take in the info better.
    * Reading the questions slowly. I know it sounds daft but this really helps the thought process.

So the plan is to finish the 1st chapter tommorow night review the questions I am getting wrong and note down any information I am missing. I will follow up the 1st chapter by watching the CBT nuggets 1st video god I hate his voice it's so annoying!