Options

New A+ Exams

rizzo777rizzo777 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok, I'm a bit confused now with the new exams... What are the exam numbers that are required? I thought it was core and OS.. Any good practice tests out there for the newer exams? Please advise!

Comments

• Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    most places around the world have been switched over to the 2006 objectives, so there's no more core/OS exams. Hardware & software are now mixed on each exam you have to pass. It's been changed over to Essentials (601 - required), and your choice of 602 ("regular" IT technician exam) / 603 (remote technician) / 604 (bench technician). You have to do Essentials, and you can do any one of the 602/603/604. Most people choose 602 since it's the broadest. You can find some more info about the current exams here.

Just an FYI to others, if you do happen to live in a part of the world where the 2003 exam is still offered, according to that link above, the 2003 exam will be retired everywhere as of 12/31/2008 so after this year, everyone will be required to take the 2006 version.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    rizzo777 wrote: »
    Ok, I'm a bit confused now with the new exams... What are the exam numbers that are required? I thought it was core and OS.. Any good practice tests out there for the newer exams? Please advise!
    If your doing the new objectives, you need 601 and either 602/603/604. Most people do 602. Good luck!