Options

I need a serious advice.

rajunplrajunpl Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
well, I just want to ask a serious question and I jnow we have many professionals here. I am UK resident. Quite honestly,I couldn't goto attend universities due to various reason. I have completed A+ and Network+ sucessfully. Now I am doing CCNA and MCSA, after completing that I am planning to take CCNP.

Will I still need to regret about university and join next year or this will be suffice for networking career? How much salary do I expect? I go dazzling while surfing job sites and can't figure out what job to apply as I have no previous experience. As a experience I have windows 2000 server machine running in my home with four clients and are under client server evnironment. That's all, I don't know how to start thinking about future career. Will some one help me for career path ?

Lots of thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Others may offer more positive advice, but it's getting to the point where a company will not pay you a bit of attention without a college degree. If at all possible, I recommend that you try to get to college somehow.

Start off small with an Associates degree, then work your way up.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    start contracting yourself.. unfortunatly this means taking low paying jobs for the 1st year or so (we all had to do it icon_cool.gif past that keep on hunting apply for jobs that require more years of experience than you have (ex. if it says 3-5 yrs and you have 1-2 ) if it requires a degree and u have the certs required and/or the experience apply for it. this is just one of those things..

Its good to have fear but its bad to let it stop you.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    rajunplrajunpl Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□

Start off small with an Associates degree, then work your way up.

Thanks mate, So certification is never going to touch uni degrees, am I right ? perhaps, I shall do that if required.But, something obvious like too expensive fees are the cause of a problem.

Thanks a lot keenon. So I shall start throwing CV everywhere,right? But the pronlem is as I see networking job in jobsites they are like 20-30 grands per year, while seeing them, degree and experience, I have none of them.
  • Options
    tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    experience > degree > certs

the field is getting more competetive so you want a little (or a lot) of each