Options

network+ books

jtfranksjtfranks Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm new to this site, and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if they have used the sybex book for the network+ exam. I am getting ready to take it sometime in Dec. my teacher told me that I should use the sybex book because they make some really good study guides. I was also wondering if on the test if there is a lot of real world senrio questions on it.
Justin

Comments

• Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    A lot of us here have used either the Sybex text or Mike Myers Passport. I used the former, along with the technotes here and breezed thru... in all honesty, I never made it to the end of the book, but did read the technotes a couple times over. 820/900 is proof enough that the combo works.

There were a couple scenarios... you get a diagram and you are told Client1 can communicate with ServerA but not Client2 and you have to figure out why... It could be an incorrect subnet assignment or a particular piece of equipment on the network is faulty. I liked those questions. :) The better chunk of it is knowing ports and protocols however.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.