Unity Server

tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
Ok, I know this board has so many LAB questions, and rightfully so.. however, can someone tell me if its ok to run the following ..

1. Server (UNITY, TFTP) .. (CM7.1 ISO)
2. 2620XM CME 4.1
3. 881W (data vlan )
4. 2960 PCL
5. 7940/60

the reason for running unity on the server is due to not having a aim-cue and since i heard the CCNAV exam is more CLI oriented, i figured i could get by with having the current setup.

thanks !!

Comments

• AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    you can run unity, and unity connection in vmware. But i don't think they test these products and ccNAV level.

A
  • tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    AlanJames wrote: »
    you can run unity, and unity connection in vmware. But i don't think they test these products and ccNAV level.

A

I thought the exam was on Unit Express.. are the CLI/GUI different from Express/business/full blown ?

how do you recommend i setup Unity.. so i stick with what i have or do i really have to get Express up and running?

thank you !
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's based on the NM-CUE module for the router or on the UC-500 series devices.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
    dtlokee wrote: »
    It's based on the NM-CUE module for the router or on the UC-500 series devices.

can i get buy without having the uc500? lol.. i guess what i am trying to say here.. can i use my unity server and be ready for the CCNAV ?

• dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am sure you can get by, I was just telling you what they expect in the lab pods for the official courseware.

I don't think that Unity or Unity Connection is a appropriate replacement for the NM-CUE or the UC-500.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Having CM7 and CME means you have two call managers - you'll need to make them play nice together

I have CM6 up and running very nicely on my Linux server

But I don't have a CME in my lab yet

I'm working on it and when I get it all going I'll post back

Of course we have a lot CCIE's who look at these threads so maybe one of them can help you in the meantime

Keep labbing it up bud

Super Bowl Sunday yins!

E - A - G - L - E - S

Eagles!

Oh wait we lost

But there's still hope for us folks from PA

Back in the 40's PA only had one team because all the boys were overseas

So I will wear all my Eagles gear and shout it out

GO STEAGLES!!!!!!!
    Netwurk wrote: »
    Having CM7 and CME means you have two call managers - you'll need to make them play nice together

I have CM6 up and running very nicely on my Linux server

But I don't have a CME in my lab yet

I'm working on it and when I get it all going I'll post back

Of course we have a lot CCIE's who look at these threads so maybe one of them can help you in the meantime

Keep labbing it up bud

Super Bowl Sunday yins!

E - A - G - L - E - S

Eagles!

Oh wait we lost

But there's still hope for us folks from PA

Back in the 40's PA only had one team because all the boys were overseas

So I will wear all my Eagles gear and shout it out

GO STEAGLES!!!!!!!

LOL... i think im gonna have to dip into getting an NM-CUE.. they go on ebay for 400 bucks or so for the 40gigers.. grrr lol..
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    No full blown CM or Unity configuration @ the CCNA:Voice level but you are required to describe components of a UC network. The Unity Express coverage isn’t real deep either – Exam blueprint calls for basic setup and configuration. If you want hands on practice, you’ll either need an NM-CUE, AIM-CUE, or use the built in CUE in the UC500.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
    well its on order.. i didnt want to open a new thread..all used of course.

1. 2650xm cme4.1 with moh, phone files, etc..
    2. 3524 power.
    3. NM2V w/fx0/fxs
    4. 7940s x 2
    5. ADSL wic (just for kicks cuz i wanted one)

at somepoint i will order a NM-CUE .. i dont know why the aim-cue is so much more expensive .. the NMcue is 40 gig vs 1 gig aim cue.
    Ok, well.. i got a major itch and I am about to get a UC520 .. so if anyone has any questions about it feel free to ask.. i can post up whatever pics or questions.. i jsut saw a youtube video about skype + uc520... cool stuff.. i guess i have some what enough hardware now for ccnav and ccvp (CM iso)
    tokhss wrote: »
    Ok, well.. i got a major itch and I am about to get a UC520 .. so if anyone has any questions about it feel free to ask.. i can post up whatever pics or questions.. i jsut saw a youtube video about skype + uc520... cool stuff.. i guess i have some what enough hardware now for ccnav and ccvp (CM iso)

Yeah, I used the CCNA:Voice as an excuse to pick one up even though I already had experience with them. It’s now been promoted from lab use, to running the phones/network at my residence. :)

You’ll be able to practice just about everything for the CCNA:Voice with a UC520 – CME stuff via the CLI, and GUI setup via the CCA.
    where did you get yours from? so many resellers and the prices have a wide gap.
    A friend of mine works for a channel partner and was able to pick one up for me.