Lab count down

LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
34 DAY COUNT DOWN... And I am freaking out...... I have been in my lab for months now, long hair and beard grown. This being my first CCIE LAB attempt and it being the Voice lab I am really starting to come under the assumption that all the planets and stars will have to align for me to even have a shot at passing this test....I have also learned it really isn't about the ability to do the task's as much as it is to read and interpret the information given and then react to it in minimal time. Well we will see what happens... Just thought I would post.... been kind slow in here lately...
The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck!

I'm sure you have more of a chance of passing then you give yourself credit for.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    34 DAY COUNT DOWN... And I am freaking out...... I have been in my lab for months now, long hair and beard grown. This being my first CCIE LAB attempt and it being the Voice lab I am really starting to come under the assumption that all the planets and stars will have to align for me to even have a shot at passing this test....I have also learned it really isn't about the ability to do the task's as much as it is to read and interpret the information given and then react to it in minimal time. Well we will see what happens... Just thought I would post.... been kind slow in here lately...

Good luck.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_cool.gif

Voice seems to require a plan to pick out all of the requirements and sequence them into a task list so that you're not jumping back and forth between equipment. My heart starts to race just thinking about what's required to decipher the lab and try to hit all the major configurations on your your first try (and first access to a device/server).

Voice doesn't seem like the R&S and Security Labs (and probably the SP) where you can configure and test as you go along and then spend the remaining time verifying your configurations and trying to pick up any points you skipped/missed. It seems like some of your initial configurations and decisions determine your chance of passing. icon_eek.gif But then you still have to hope to finish fast enough to allow some time to finally verify your tasks end-to-end and fix the typos and missed command.

There was a blog that had a "Voice Lab Attack Plan" -- have you seen that plan? Or have you developed your own?

Good Luck -- and don't freak out! :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    Thanks for all your replys

mikej412 wrote: »
    There was a blog that had a "Voice Lab Attack Plan" -- have you seen that plan? Or have you developed your own?

Thanks Mike, I have read so many of those things I lost count on the number. I do have my own plan but it is a very vague and open ended. Its more like what I won't spend my time unless it is more then 5 to 10 points... And I agree with the statement, if you don't read the exam and understand what they want from the beginning then you have just spend 1400 on a $10 lunch. Any one that has done a setup and then run the IPMA wizard will know what I am talking about... icon_twisted.gif

I think the thing that has me the most freaked out is I have spent so much time studying for the 2.0 exam. And I only get one shot at it. If I fail I will have to start studding for the 3.0 exam and I have spent a lot of time with the 2.0 frame work. Granted the 3.0 looks easier with the loss of of some of the odd ball equipment, but it also brought in alot of new features the older test was missing.

Well I am back to icon_study.gif....(not really reading but studing.) (These time drills are killing me)

Once Agein thanks guys.
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Just remember it is not a job but an adventure!:)icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.