Options

Network+ Question

PapermakerPapermaker Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Came across a question about which OSI layer handles logical address/name resolution.
I always thought this was the Network layer, but the right answer was the Transport layer.

Could someone put me right.

P.S Where as mcsefreak.com gone to.

Comments

• Options
    Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    Are you referring to freaknotes.com? Not sure if is the same as mcsefreak.com...

Found this at Wikipedia:
    The network layer is level three of the seven level OSI model. It responds to service requests from the transport layer and issues service requests to the data link layer.

The network layer addresses messages and translates logical addresses and names into physical addresses. It also determines the route from the source to the destination computer and manages traffic problems, such as switching, routing, and controlling the congestion of data packets.The network layer is level three of the seven level OSI model. It responds to service requests from the transport layer and issues service requests to the data link layer.
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......
  • Options
    PapermakerPapermaker Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for pointing me in the direction of freaknotes.com, though I can't open an account for some reason.

About my question, what is the right answer?
  • Options
    kik_azzkik_azz Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will probably answer "network layer" because it's obvious that logical addressing (protocols such as IP and IPX) is on the network layer. The transport layer (protocols such as TCP or UDP) defines the type of connection (whether the connection should be reliable or unreliable).