Project Ideas??

Tyson87Tyson87 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

was wondering if anyone has any interesting ideas for a final year networking project? wouldnt mind doing something with wireless or VOIP as long as it doesnt cost me an arm and a leg to buy some hardware! i havent done much programming so dont wanna get into too much of it if possible.if anyone has any ideas on some cool topics then let me know. Cheers!icon_thumright.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

BSc. Network Computing
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Tyson87 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

was wondering if anyone has any interesting ideas for a final year networking project? wouldnt mind doing something with wireless or VOIP as long as it doesnt cost me an arm and a leg to buy some hardware! i havent done much programming so dont wanna get into too much of it if possible.if anyone has any ideas on some cool topics then let me know. Cheers!icon_thumright.gif
    Asterisk (well PBX in a Flash or Trixbox), build yourself a PBX for free. Or better yet build two (with a friend) and dial each other using internal extensions... You can call Dar-es-Salam for pennies... okay so I have a lot of time on my hands... sue me. ;)
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Do you mean you're looking for a final year bachelor's project?
  • Tyson87Tyson87 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    darkerosxx wrote: »
    Do you mean you're looking for a final year bachelor's project?

yep just pondering through ideas..
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

BSc. Network Computing
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
    Are you looking at doing a project you can write an article on and submit to a journal? How much time do you have?
  • Tyson87Tyson87 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    darkerosxx wrote: »
    Are you looking at doing a project you can write an article on and submit to a journal? How much time do you have?

hey thanks for the replies, i am doin another course in september and it requires a final year project in something regarding networking/communciations. im pretty sure it has to be implemented practically as well as having the theory with it. so i just was looking to get some ideas and get a good look into it so i might be able to get myself a head start, (and a bit of something to keep me entertained during the summer!)if that makes any sense. i have looked at a few things such as asterisk, and read about a couple of IDS's.i read that report u have linked and i understand the concept but wouldnt know too much about it. thanks for the help! :)

BSc. Network Computing
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Check if there's an offical list of project categories to choose from. Your choices may be very limited to the type of projects that can be performed in stages and in only a few weeks (if so, stick with a small topic that you already know about). Locate people who have already taken the final project class and find out what they went through.