I Passed VCP-310

luckybobluckybob Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
First of all, that was a hell of a test.

I thought I was ready, but after the first 20 questions I got nervous. I thought, there goes $175 down the drain.

I slowed down evaluated every question and ended up passing with an 83.

One word of advice to anyone wanting to take the exam, know vmware inside and out. There was tons of trivia on the exam, and there is no single subject it covered. It is best to know everything about everything.

My wife got me a PS3 for passing (she got it last week, but is was motivation to pass), and I was worried I would fail and be depressed all weekend. Now I get to go home and enjoy playing my new PS3.

Comments

• RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats.

This exam just seems to be odd in what it asks and covers. Weird experience overall.

Should have told her to get you a 360.
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass...time to update your cert list to include VCP!
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Congratulations.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
    RTmarc wrote: »

+1 icon_cool.gif
  • luckybobluckybob Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    RTmarc wrote: »
    Congrats.

This exam just seems to be odd in what it asks and covers. Weird experience overall.

Why would I want a 360? A PS3 offers everything I need plus Killzone 2...mmmhhhh.

For what the PS3 does it is a much better fit for me, plus 2009 looks great for Sony.

The best thing about passing this exam is that I now get a promotion at work. Come on big bucks.....
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass and the promotion!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!