BSCI failed

kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
Failed my BSCI exam again. 700 out of 790. Felt good going into this. I do well in OSPF,EIGRP, ISIS, ok in BGP. Sims are easy. It's Ipv6 and Multicast that get my and i spend alot of time on it for studing. I think the thing that really kills is that all of the practice tests i take. Cisco, Transcender etc there are barely in good Ipv6 or Multicast questions. Transcender will ask you 5 at the end of each exam. I felt like 40% of my test today was Multicast and Ipv6. any advice.

Comments

• mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Ouch bro... so close. Perhaps find some good white papers on ipv6 and multicast, or consider adding the Chris Bryant material. He filled in the blanks for me. Keep at it.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    kafifi13 wrote: »
    Failed my BSCI exam again. 700 out of 790. Felt good going into this. I do well in OSPF,EIGRP, ISIS, ok in BGP. Sims are easy. It's Ipv6 and Multicast that get my and i spend alot of time on it for studing. I think the thing that really kills is that all of the practice tests i take. Cisco, Transcender etc there are barely in good Ipv6 or Multicast questions. Transcender will ask you 5 at the end of each exam. I felt like 40% of my test today was Multicast and Ipv6. any advice.

What resources did you use to prepare for the exam?
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    Lab portfolio
    CBT nuggets
    Transcender
    Cisco BSCI exam prep
    I'm looking at this Chris Bryant stuff and it looks good. anybody else buy his study material. I feel like i'm almost there. Already invested enough but i just need to pass this exam. real frustrated.
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For Multicast and BGP also work with the cisco documentation. Technical and Design Notes. They will help reinforce understanding and give some new perspective as well
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Lab portfolio
    CBT nuggets
    Transcender
    Cisco BSCI exam prep

I failed on my first attempt using Official Exam guide and Train Signal videos.
    Failed on second attempt after purchasing Official Study Guide and Lab Portfolio. Almost gave up, but purchased the CCNP complete package from Chris Bryant and passed on the third attempt. All told over 6 months of studying involved.

Official Study guide it meant for people learning from the ground up.
    Official Exam guide is meant for experienced users who need a refresher prior to the exam.

I used Chris Bryant's material for CCNA, and it was worth the price for the CCNP in my opinion.

good luck on the next attempt.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • vinnyjonesvinnyjones Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thats scary, i'm studying right using pretty much the same material... Going to start the multicasting chapter in the lab portfolio (which is one of the biggest in the book)... Did you find that material was insufficient for the exam?
    vinnyjones wrote: »
    Thats scary, i'm studying right using pretty much the same material... Going to start the multicasting chapter in the lab portfolio (which is one of the biggest in the book)... Did you find that material was insufficient for the exam?

To be honest i felt good about multicasting. I think the hard part is the questions of the exam. So many different ways they ask it. I feel like most practice exams ask you an easy question such as. What is sparse mode. ok that's simple. But on the actual exam it's a real life question. Maybe it's just me. I'm going to check out that chris bryant stuff. Sucks that i spent all this time and money already but in the end if i pass it will be worth it.
  • kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    Good luck on your next attempt dude!
    Studying for CCNP (All done)
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□

You are almost there with that score. You just need the right book to take you over the top.

Try Routing TCP/IP Volume II Second Edition by Jeff Doyle. Good Multicast and IPv6 coverage.

Good luck.