Could not clear it

arnabmkarnabmk Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Scored 740 and missed it by 10 points. Really disappointing icon_sad.gif. After submitting I was sure I would clear it. Studied the Sybex study guide and questions from Prep Logic and Skill Saver. Also went through the CBT nuggets video. I had really worked hard for this one as it was required as part of my job. Any other guides which I should follow. Any suggestions?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ouch; that was really close icon_sad.gif

I'd take a look at the Syngress book and/or Transcender. I'm sure you'll nail it next time.

Welcome to the forums :D
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Which version of the exam did you take ? SY0-101 or SY0-201 ?

CompTIA Security+ Bridge Exam Information

There's a slight change in objectives, and only Sybex released updated version.

I heard the new SY0-201 is more difficult..I'm still not sure which one I'll take.

Good luck, and tell us how things go with you.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• arnabmkarnabmk Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It was the Security + 201 exam, the 208 edition
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Check the objectives carefully, I'm having hard times finding comprehensive material, with the new version of Sybex being the only available resource right now. And no practice material whatsoever except the ones in Sybex book..and the old practice questions of course.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    I'm scheduled to take the 201 on March 6th.

I am using the new Sybex book, the In Depth book, and the Exam Cram to prepare.

The Exam Cram comes with 225 practice tests, you should pick that up. I think it's only like $30. Read the book and take notes until you can score over 200 on their test without reviewing the answers.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    There is several recources available now..

The Sybex book
    The In Depth book
    Exam Cram
    All in One McGraw Hill
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • franco67franco67 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    did you get a similar question on the test that was posted on this site ?
    just curious.. this is too much alot of studying. i'm preparing to take the test next week
  • kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
    can you explain exactly what you found difficult about the exam...did you understand the questions? Good luck on the next try.
  • Jim HamiltonJim Hamilton Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To anyone who has read the new Sybex book, geared toward the
    SY0-201 exam, how is it? Are there any topics severely under covered or covered poorly. I have ordered it, along with the examcram for the old test, and hope this is enough. Interested in knowing if there are any particular areas i should research beyond the scope of this book. Thanx
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have read the new Sybex book, passed the SY0-201 last month. I think it did a great job of touching base on the majority of the topics, but I also believe that the book did not go into enough detail. It does touch upon each topic that is a requirement, but I believe that additional research is a necessity. Backing up the Sybex book with another source is a must. Go through all the questions! I didn't do the applied labs in the book, but that's just because I figured that I probably had enough work experience to not need to do them since each lab seemed familiar to me as I read them. I re-read all the Chapter Summaries and Exam Essentials on the day of my test as recap.