SECURITY BOOK QUERY

TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
icon_eek.gif What books do you suggest for security +?. Someone on here said they studied with Exam cram 2 and Transcenders and still failed. I have Tcat, test out and security + for dummies? . I did like the test out, but I am not sure. Want the best material really.
If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!

Comments

• Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    ...haven't taken the test as of yet, however I picked up Security+ certification "All-In-One" by G White, Security+- Exam Cram 2, and I'm using Maximum security -4th edition, Hacking exposed- Fourth Edition- for 'filler in ers'...along with tech notes from here,coupled with the voucher from getcertify4less.com, there is a Tcat pdf download. If that pdf is like the one I'm using for net+, it should be quite informative....either way, I'm looking to get the ExamInsights(Security+)- TCat
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sulblk27 wrote:
    ...haven't taken the test as of yet, however I picked up Security+ certification "All-In-One" by G White, Security+- Exam Cram 2,

I've heard from a few friends that these are the best ones, because even the Sybex versions aren't all that well written.

I also managed to find the Security + for dummies book in the bargain bin, and I look forward to it after I get some other things out of the way.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • linuxguylinuxguy Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the Syngress and did well. However, I also have been in the industry. I liked the book, it was well written.

I also had a buddy barrow the book and he is going to take it Friday. He thought it was well written also.

Hope it helps. I suggest if you read two books on any topic you are not confident in.
    If you do not feel like a newbie you probably should. :)
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Do you really need to have 2 years Networking before taking this security+ exam? icon_confused.gifwww.boson.com says "The recommended prerequisite for the Security+ exam (SY0-101) candidate is to have the knowledge and skill equivalent of the material comprised within the CompTIA A+ and Network+ certification exams." icon_wink.gif