Selftest Software 70-291 - ratings

70-291 selftestsoftware practice test.

Anyone used these and how do you rate them?

I understand that they are now made by the firm that does transcenders so its probably similar.

I've recently bought this product but wished i'd bought it earlier as its a good learning tool as well as a practice test.

I'm only getting about 37% with this software at present and was getting around 50% with the Measureup practice exam.

Just going to give the beast my best shot later this month (17th), got a second shot available. Previous MCP's have been ok, but this one I am finding very difficult, particularly the complicated DNS questions. WE only have one domain and 2 DNS servers so my practical experience on DNS is a bit restricted. Will have to see what questions come up out of the pool :)

With less than a fortnight to go, would you use selftest software for smaller tests (say 20 questions) to brush up on topics or go for full certification type tests (40-50 questions).

Comments

• skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    you've already got experience with MS exams, so I think you don't need to do exams that mock the "test experience" - you just need to weed out those weak spots you need to focus on, so my vote is for smaller tests to find those weak areas and then go attack 'em.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For what it's worth, I found Transcender very helpful in studying for the 70-290, and plan on using it to study for the 70-291. Good luck to you! :)
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't know if I'd treat those older STS and Transcender products as the same. I don't think Kaplan IT owned them both back then. You need to remember those are probably 5-6 years old. As far as MeasureUp goes, I think the consensus is that they're pretty much garbage. I always use Transcender myself.
  • bsddaemon0bsddaemon0 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I like SelfTest. The cover stuff I didn't see in the MS books.
  • neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    I contacted Transcender yesterday, the firm that does Transcender and SelftestSoftware is Kaplan IT, and asked whether the Transcender and SelftestSoftware tests are now the same as they are both under the parent company Kaplan IT.

Although they may be a bit biased, they told me that Transcender was better and that's the reason why it costs more to buy.

Anyway, having bought the SelftestSoftware, I'm just going to crack on with that as the cost of buying both is out of the question economically. I think the SelftestSoftware is quite realistic and even harder than some of the actual questions. I only purchased it about a month ago, so I need to give it more of a whirl particularly on weaker areas.
  • bulletproof bababulletproof baba Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Selftest is very poor testing software, transcender is very good and very close to the actual MS exam as well. So well worth the recommend. Dont waste your time on selftest.

Good luck
  • it2bit2b Member Posts: 117
    I had a Transcenders for 70-292 and a selftest for 70-290. They share VERY similar questions. Their interfaces and features are almost identical.

After failing 70-292 twice, I gave 70-290 a try and passed after using the Selftest product.

I will buy SelfTest for 70-291.
  • ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    it2b wrote: »
    I had a Transcenders for 70-292 and a selftest for 70-290. They share VERY similar questions. Their interfaces and features are almost identical.

After failing 70-292 twice, I gave 70-290 a try and passed after using the Selftest product.

I will buy SelfTest for 70-291.

yeah.. because they belong to the same company.
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.