Sims on test?

djmddjmd Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
One thing I haven't been able to find through searching is whether or not there are sims on the CCNA Wireless exam... or is this one of those NDA things where we aren't supposed to know? :)

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    djmd wrote: »
    or is this one of those NDA things where we aren't supposed to know?
    You'll know if there are any sims if they show up while you're writing the test... ;)
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Yes, sims always show up on the CCNA Wireless exam. . . except when they don't.
    Mmmmmmh, NDA-humor. . .

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    djmd wrote: »
    or is this one of those NDA things where we aren't supposed to know?
    The people who would know for sure (by taking the exam) couldn't tell you because of the NDA.

But since it's not a CCIE Written Exam, why don't you just assume there are SIMs?

Or better yet, you could just check the 640-721 IUWNE exam blueprint and see if there are any tasks that could be considered "hands-on"

You may want to read all the tasks carefully, but based only on the first word in these tasks I'd guess they may be "hands-on tasks" and prime candidates for Simulation Questions.
    # Configure a WLAN controller and access points WLC: ports, interfaces, WLANs, NTP, CLI and Web UI, CLI wizard, LAG AP: Channel, Power
    # Configure the basics of a stand-alone access point (no lab) (Express setup, basic security)

# Install/upgrade WCS and configure basic administration parameters (ports, O/S version, strong passwords, service vs. application)
    # Configure controllers and APs (using the Configuration tab not templates)
    # Configure and use maps in the WCS (add campus, building, floor, maps, position AP)
    # Use the WCS monitor tab and alarm summary to verify the WLAN operations

# Transfer WLC config and O/S using maintenance tools and commands
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!