Good Deal for Military Types

spike_tomahawkspike_tomahawk Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just came across this, it seems DANTES will give you a free voucher for Military personnel to take a Microsoft test.

https://www.dantes-microsoft-test.com/

Check it out, just wanted to give back to some here for the great site.

I am checking this out today and will keep you posted on the results

Comments

• spike_tomahawkspike_tomahawk Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got mine, if your in the military (wish it was for everyone) save yourself 125 bucks. Simple just wish it was more than 1 per customer.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Former Military is no good...guess I'll have to call the VA....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I will be leaving for basic training in a couple of months (Army), and I have *read* that the army will pay you back for most certs you get, as long as you provide the documentation stating your score and such. For most of them, you also receive promotion opportunities (10 points per cert, I believe). Nice perk!
    Ricka sorry dude, I retire in march so I just cut it under the rug also, lucky catch for me.

Mrock4, Im on my way out of a 21 year career, I noticed your posts about your goals, stick with that. The military has alot of opportiunities, just got to keep a good attitude and outlook all the time.

The GI bill will pay for your certs if im not mistaken. but if thats your field then you shold get someting out of it for promotion points.

good luck and keep your head down.

Spike
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah, that's what I was talking about (The GI bill). It says on a page (I'll have to find it), that they will reimburse you for certifications. Here's the page..

https://www.cool.army.mil/25b.htm

Thanks spike_tomahawk!
    Man, how times change, I wish they had all that when I first came in. The only thing the Army taught me to do was "eat snakes", the rest (computers) I learned on my own.... Good luck to you from one old soldier to a new one.

Oh yea keep your head down also.

Spike
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    they'll pay you the full amount even if you use a voucher icon_twisted.gif
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Man, how times change, I wish they had all that when I first came in. The only thing the Army taught me to do was "eat snakes", the rest (computers) I learned on my own.... Good luck to you from one old soldier to a new one.

Oh yea keep your head down also.

Spike

Whats up Snake Eater!....You know in the IT world, you still have to get up for 6:00AM PT...Oh yeah...those Friday motivational fun runs....haha...Just last week, I was dropped from a C130 at 450ft AGL for a downed router.....getting flack from pissed users everywhere...hahah No crap, there I was.....Good luck on the outside....We make a whole lot more out here and don't have to eat MREs...

oh yeah...that GI Bill is going to pay for my CCIE Lab.... icon_wink.gif

AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!!!
    SGT. Ten9t6
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA