Passed this morning

lancebukkakelancebukkake Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
i took the exam and passed - the technotes were more than enough so thank you for providing good material...and thanks to all in the forum for making the exam much easier...

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats dood :)
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • lancebukkakelancebukkake Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys...the company is paying for me to get certified so im taking advantage...how does Server+ certification hold up? im really interested in servers so im debating whether taking it next or go MCP (70-270). im willing to get both for education.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Server+ is more like "advanced A+"--heavy hardware. Also, some NOS material, puts you under pressure on disaster recovery and environmental monitoring(both atmosphere and physical security), obstinately pursuant of redundancy of data, and some material on logical security. You won't find a lot about networks on this one, even though you think that a person would think more networkingwise if you are dealing with servers. Network+ will help with what little LAN material is on the Server+.

I've been studying different areas of MCP since I took Server+ exam, and, except for some parts about NOSs, I don't see a lot of "server-plusiness" in the MCP material.

If you've spent a lot of time in a data center, Server+ shouldn't be a real big job for you to pass. If you want to get into a data center in more depth it should be a good step to take.

MCP material is a step into what you will find to be served by the servers.
    I have finally realized that as far as MCSA/MCSE certification goes, the letters stand for Microsoft Cerfified System Administrator/Engineer--and emphasize the Microsoft. You're not looking at Linux or Unix or some other huge OS. But, M$ is certainly a great start, and might even be close to about all you will need in OSs, but don't sell hardware knowledge/experience short either.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
    @janmike, thank you for your answer - it helped, by reading your reply im going to get the Server+ next...i work at a tv studio and we have a number of servers...basically all of our tv shows are on servers in a RAID 3 and 5 configs...basically our operation revolves around servers so i may go for the server+ next...in case youre wondering we use the Jupitor, Aurora, AVID servers and a number of others i cant think of...but Jupitor and Aurora are the main servers.
  • Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    Great job on the pass lancebukkake!
    Took mine this morning also, passed, now on to the security+, I looked at the server+ also, but I think I'll try for that a little later on.....mind is set on the security track....
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......
    @Sulblk27...thanks good luck on security+ and the other studies
  • jamtechjamtech Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□