TeraTerm very slow when telnetting?

When I telnet to my 2950 switches with TeraTerm it is really slow. I open Hyperterminal and telnetting is instant but with TeraTerm it takes a good 5-10 seconds to connect. Any reason for this?

Comments

• phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Check your configuration settings in TeraTerm to make sure the serial port is configured correctly.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • yanks4everontopyanks4everontop Member Posts: 106
    phantasm wrote: »
    Check your configuration settings in TeraTerm to make sure the serial port is configured correctly.

I'm telnetting by IP not through the console port.
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Best bet when telnetting is to use the command line. Should work just fine from Windows/Linux/Unix, etc.

Hyperterminal and TeraTerm are best for the console connections via a serial port.

Of course you can use Hyperterminal and TeraTerm (among others) to telnet if you really want to. One shouldn't be any faster or slower than the other.
    Netwurk wrote: »
    Best bet when telnetting is to use the command line. Should work just fine from Windows/Linux/Unix, etc.

Hyperterminal and TeraTerm are best for the console connections via a serial port.

Of course you can use Hyperterminal and TeraTerm (among others) to telnet if you really want to. One shouldn't be any faster or slower than the other.

Yea that's why I don't understand it. Also there is no built in telnet client with Vista to use the command line. I think one has to be installed.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Yea that's why I don't understand it. Also there is no built in telnet client with Vista to use the command line. I think one has to be installed.
    It isn't installed by default but it is on the installation media. You just need to add it back from the Programs and Features applet in Control Panel.
    tiersten wrote: »
    It isn't installed by default but it is on the installation media. You just need to add it back from the Programs and Features applet in Control Panel.

Nice didn't realize that. Thanks.