Considering taking the test friday

chemasterchemaster Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
I completed my A+ Certification 10 days ago and started studying for Network+ right away. I've been studying from the Cram2 book and purchased the notes here. Last night I took the test here and scored 88% the first time. I've been scoring between 85 and 92 on recent tests by prelogic (included with cram2) I'm thinking of craming away and taking the test on Friday. I bought my voucher today for $129. :)

Any opinions?

The reason for the rush. I'm will start my MBA in Technology Management from the University of Phonix Online on Friday and would like to get this behind me.

I'm a old man of 45 and the last 2 months of studying is a little crazy. :)

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would take it. You sound more than ready and to be honest, the test is not that difficult. I think you will make the right decision to do it quickly and get it behind you before you start your schooling. Good luck!
  • leefdaddy7leefdaddy7 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i say go for it, i took it around a little over a year ago and was very suprised by how easy it was.... i thought it would be more challenging... but the questions are pretty plain and simple.
  • lancebukkakelancebukkake Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    im taking the test on friday as well - good luck man
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Network+ test isn't so bad. Since you've passed the A+ and know how comptia tests are, you should have no problem at all in getting the Network+. You should just take as many practice tests as you can and also I recommend buying the study guide that is on this website, that is what I used to pass the test. Good luck on the test to both of you that are taking it this friday.
  • lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    Spank that N+... I found it quite a bit easier than A+. 88% is better than I scored going into the exam and I finished with 820/900.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    Network+ very much easier then A+ ( thats for me) i mean my opinion. For the scoring you got i think you can go for the exam. its not that hard.

Good luck
  • chemasterchemaster Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    also I recommend buying the study guide that is on this website

Thats that first thing I did. It's my bible. :)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm taking it on Friday!!!!!!!
  • jamtechjamtech Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Listen to me!!!...... go take the test and get it out the way. Just do take some more prep test. And do yourself a favor.... take your time on the questions you got plenty of it. if you not sure on some questions, maked them down for review at the end. You be just fine and good luck.

In you we trust!
  • Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    I think I'm about as nervous as it gets also...I take the test in the morning. Since its 8:30pm or so, I will have a beer then hit the sack for the night...
    chemaster...I did the same thing, got the voucher for this test, read 90% of the T-cat pdf, the tech notes (special edition) from here, the exam cram2 book...now it's test time (9am)...
    let us know how you did....
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......
  • freakfreak Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    keep us posted on how it went :)
    Best of luck to you! And congrats for putting it all back on the table. Many people pretend that they like to continue to learn, but few put their energy and time where their mouth is!
    Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, CEH, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify.net

InfoSecWeb.com

FreakNotes.com
    Still nervous.... icon_eek.gif ...exam is over icon_confused.gif and I passed with 726 :) ...whew...
    but NOW it's on to security+ for me...in my eyes the meat and potatoes of what I like in IT...small step, but eventually to the big plunge...I have the security+ exam cram2, all in one- G. White, Maximum security 4th ed., and hacking exposed 4th ed. icon_bounce.gif ...plus I want T-Cat pdf on security.
    I think this will start me out to be 'ready for bear'- any views?
    Sec+ is not a hard test in terms of the material covered. What hurts in that test is the way the questions are asked, which is staggeringly bad :)

Still, the body of common knowledge required to pass it is something that you should certainly know, so from that standpoint, I recommend this test and studying for it.

Let me know if I can help :)
    Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, CEH, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify.net

InfoSecWeb.com

FreakNotes.com
    I PASSED! 846 :)

However, I was concerned at first. I was hoping to get a few easy questions to build my confidence but I didn’t see a simple one (simple port or layout question) until question 37. I remained calm and used the basic approach for the tons of scenario questions.

First, look for the hard-core ‘I know it answer’. If it wasn’t there then I looked for the hard-core ‘This is a stupid answer’ one so I could eliminate several.

Thanks for all the help because the forums here were very important along with the premium study guide sold here and the Cram2 book

Is there a lot of over-lapping material between Network+ and the CCNA exam? If I cram for 4 weeks am I likely to pass the CCNA with no Cisco?

Thanks again,
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations with the pass and great score! icon_thumright.gif
    Is there a lot of over-lapping material between Network+ and the CCNA exam? If I cram for 4 weeks am I likely to pass the CCNA with no Cisco?
    www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5884
    chemaster wrote:
    I PASSED! 846 :)

Thanks again,

1. Congrats on the pass.
    2. As for the CCNA question, with all due respect it appears that you are looking at it the wrong way. Cramming for 4 weeks may get you a cert, but what knowledge will have truly accumulated? How much hands-on will you have garnered for the test? In other words, what true value will be associated with your cert?

iCertify.net

InfoSecWeb.com

FreakNotes.com
    w much hands-on will you have garnered for the test? In other words, what true value will be associated with your cert

With all do respect ...........

I'm not in a position to get 'hands-on' experience but I will purchase a kit. However, I'm not in a hurry either and I'm sorry if it appeared as so. If this takes 6 months it's ok with me. My goal is not to be an expert or to actually be the person doing the work. I'm in a management compacity and wish to be technically informed so that I can have an understanding of the basic concepts involved. A certification isn't actually needed but it entices me to study. :)

Best Regards,
    Great! Glad to see you are looking at it the right way :)
    Just wanted to make sure you were not setting yourself up for a disappointment.

Let me know if I can be of assistance with your studies!

iCertify.net

InfoSecWeb.com

FreakNotes.com
    Great Job chemaster icon_cheers.gif ....
    Thanks Freak for the words of advice and encouragement....I'm sure in the next few weeks or so I'll be head banging for more and more information...taking today off, then start back in the morning--...
    If I didn't say before...Thanks Webmaster for the Technotes...you know I got a little greedy looking for premium edition of security plus icon_lol.gif ...but I think I have my hands full right now icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif
    - Freak I also thank you for the words of advice. :)

- Webmaster, your premium tech notes were instrumental in me passing the test. Also, your exam was the best indicator that I've found for determining my skill level.

I'm fairly new here but now realize that TechExams is my primary source for information no matter which exam that I'm taking.

Great Job!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Thanks guys :D
    you know I got a little greedy looking for premium edition of security plus
    I wish I could write as fast as some of you guys can study for exam ;) But I'm working on those, although I'm probably going to finish the SE for the 70-270 Windows XP exam first. I'll have some new detailed Sec+ notes online soon though...
    chemaster wrote:
    - Freak I also thank you for the words of advice. :)

You're very welcome.. my pleasure :)

iCertify.net

InfoSecWeb.com

FreakNotes.com