Finally booked it

blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
I booked my VCP test for next Tuesday. I've been trying to hit the side details in the pdf files and other books that I've picked up after going back over the course material and doing a couple practice tests, but time is a premium these days and I need to get this behind me. I feel ready to pass but I like a buffer just in case.

Anyhow, It'll be over on Tuesday.

b
IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
Working on: RHCE/Ansible
Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...

Comments

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Good luck! You know that if Dynamik can do it anyone can. ;)
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yeah, I'm sort of banking on that.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This made me laugh; you guys are awesome :D

Good luck buddy!
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    undomiel wrote: »
    Good luck! You know that if Dynamik can do it anyone can. ;)

:D

Good luck blargoe!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
    Got an 84. Given the distractions I've been dealing with, I won't complain, a pass is a pass. If I had continued to put it off, I have no doubt it would have slipped or maybe I wouldn't have even managed to take the test.

On to... I guess EMCSA. SAN training seems to be the flavor of the month based my meeting with management this week.
    IT guy since 12/00

Solid score; nice job!

That's the next step up the EMC SAN ladder, eh? That's pretty impressive. Do you find that type of material interesting?
    Not interesting by itself really, but it's a nice compliment to VirtualCenter, and I'm having to take on more day-to-day SAN administration, so it'll be nice to have some more training that directly applies to my job.
    IT guy since 12/00

Yea, that's sort of my attitude towards storage. I might just go for the SCSP to get some of the fundamentals down. We work primarily with small businesses, so I'll probably only work on tiny LeftHand units, but it would still be nice to understand the fundamentals.

Good luck with that and keep us posted.
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Nice one, congratulations on the pass.

Now the long wait for your welcome kit (still waiting for mine icon_rolleyes.gif)
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    stupidboy wrote: »
    Now the long wait for your welcome kit (still waiting for mine)
    Don't expect much other than a certificate and a registration code for a free copy of VMware Workstation, oh and access to the logo. Yippie icon_rolleyes.gif
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    astorrs wrote: »
    Don't expect much other than a certificate

Wohoo, another one to stick on the wall icon_wink.gif
    a registration code for a free copy of VMware Workstation

Do I really need another one icon_lol.gif
    oh and access to the logo. Yippie icon_rolleyes.gif

Logo's .... errrmm Lovely (just what I wanted)! icon_jokercolor.gif