Local security policy

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi

Does anyone know of a way to do this remotely

Open control panel - addmin tool - local security policy - once one of these have been configured a Group Policy folder doesnt even exist in "sytem32" folder so I am unsure where this actually sits in XP

In one of my old jobs over 2000 PC's all had a local group policy applied as it was not done by the server so for that I simply copied a Group Policy folder into "system32" folder and voila

Any help would be great

Lee

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you want to do it on a computer by computer basis, you could just open Computer Management and remotely connect to that computer. Then drill down through Computer Settings... Windows Settings.... until you get to local security policy.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    I dont see it when I go to "Manage", Computer settings - Windows settings are not showing up there
  • rwwest7rwwest7 Member Posts: 300
    Lee H wrote: »
    I dont see it when I go to "Manage", Computer settings - Windows settings are not showing up there
    It's not under Computer Management. You just need to go to Start...Run...mmc. Then File...add-remove snap-in. Add Group Policy Object editor. But instead of Local Computer, hit Browse to add the remote computer.

There may be another way, but this is how I always do it.
    I done what you said rwwest7 but the thing I wanted to changed wasnt there

Security settings - local policies - user rights assignment - "log on locally"

all i see in Security Setting when connected remotely is

"IP Security policies on................"

Have a look and let me know if you figure out why

Thanks

Lee H
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's right... sorry. My brain is fried lately.

The way rwwest said is the way I've done it in the past.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    can anyone explain why not all objects are being shown when accessing it remotely?