CIPT1&2/TUC UCM Version(s)?

pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
Anyone know the recommended UCM version(s) for the CIPT1, CIPT2, and TUC exams? I’m running clusters of 4.2 and 6.0 – Not sure if I would benefit from 7.x for exam purposes. The TUC exams seems pretty old, so I’m assuming the 4.x version is covered? Don’t see any specifics on the exam blueprints.
CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The official courses for 642-446 CIPT1 and 642-456 CIPT2 [SIZE=-1]focus on Cisco Unified CallManager Release 6.0

The TUC exam replaced the IPTT exam back when they had the 4.x CIPT exam and 5.x CIPT exams -- and the exam blueprint still mentions those versions explicitly.
    [/SIZE]
    • Troubleshoot database replication issues in CallManager 4.x
    • Troubleshoot database replication issues in CallManager 5.x
    [SIZE=-1]
    Hopefully any other questions will be generic and not specific to a particular version.

I'd say the CCVP TUC Quick Reference Sheets might be your best bet for some more hints about what versions may be covered.
    [/SIZE]
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    The official courses for 642-446 CIPT1 and 642-456 CIPT2 [SIZE=-1]focus on Cisco Unified CallManager Release 6.0

The TUC exam replaced the IPTT exam back when they had the 4.x CIPT exam and 5.x CIPT exams -- and the exam blueprint still mentions those versions explicitly.
    [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
    Hopefully any other questions will be generic and not specific to a particular version.

I'd say the CCVP TUC Quick Reference Sheets might be your best bet for some more hints about what versions may be covered.
    [/SIZE]

Perfect - thank you much! I'll stick with 4.x and 6.x for studies and will worry about 7.x later on down the road. I did pick up the TUC Quick References Sheets – Just seems odd to me that they test your knowledge on the current versions, and then have you troubleshoot the older stuff. It can’t hurt to know either way since a lot of the companies that I know tend to stay away from the newest few releases. I guess this either means that A) the test is geared toward non-specific version knowledge, or B) the versions are closer in similarity then I realize.
    I picked up the GWGK book to supplement my CVOICE reading and I have to say…I’m really getting into it. Maybe even enough to go the GWGK/CIPT4.1 route instead of the planned CIPT1/CIPT2. Hmmmm, decisions decisions!

Anyone have any thoughts on the 2 paths?
  • NOCupNOCup Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    pitviper wrote: »
    I picked up the GWGK book to supplement my CVOICE reading and I have to say…I’m really getting into it. Maybe even enough to go the GWGK/CIPT4.1 route instead of the planned CIPT1/CIPT2. Hmmmm, decisions decisions!

Anyone have any thoughts on the 2 paths?

This really depends on what you are more comfortable with. I took CIPT4.1 because that was what I was working with back then. Now, I am supporting mostly CUCM 6.1 and soon 7.x. I am going to GWGK next because I skimmed through some TUC materials, it has good amount of GWGK questions in there.
  • FlyingputFlyingput Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shoot, we are still using CUCM 4.x and there's absolutely no plan to upgrade it to 6.x or 7.x. In such economic situation, who in their right mind will replace a well-working CUCM?
    :)
    Anyone know if the UCM 7.x demo license supports clustering? I see when in VMWare it’ll support 3 nodes – the default UCM 6.x license appears to only support 1 node and clustering doesn’t seem to work with the demo license.
    OK, I got UCM 7 up and running in vmware - the default license does indeed support 150 devices and 3 nodes which should allow for clustering and so on.

So now I’m following the CBT nuggets videos (CM 4.2), reading the CIPT1 book (UCM 6.x) and doing everything in the lab using 7.x – It seems pretty easy to go back and forth between versions so far.