Cisco Certified

tommypatommypa Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a dumb question. If you want to be Cisco certified what are all of the things that you need in order. Is it CCNA, CCNE?

I am unsure.

Thank you

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Either one. Being Cisco certified just means you have a Cisco certification whether it be a CCENT or CCIE.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • tommypatommypa Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What are all of the certs that cisco has and what do they mean?
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Here's Cisco's listing of certifications: IT Certification - Cisco - Cisco Systems

You can click any of them to get more information. Most people start out with CCENT/CCNA.
    Thanks for the info.

If I start with CCNA what do you suggest I start with first the routing and switching, design, network security?

Also do you recommend a good book to start with?
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CCNA is all the same exam/certification, it just happens to be the associate level cert for multiple tracks. CCDA is the design specific cert, I haven't done it yet, but from what I hear you should have at least a CCNA level understanding of Cisco and networking before doing it.

I wasn't particularly happy with the book I used for CCNA, but there are plenty of book recommendations in the forums. I think the book by Todd Lammle is a popular choice.
    Thanks for all of your input
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    As a quick note, you can do either CCNA or CCDA. The CCNA will allow you to advance to a CCNA Security, Wireless or Voice speciality. The CCDA is needed for the CCDP.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus