CIPT tomorrow

I've put in a few months towards this test. It can go one way or the other. Its a freebie, so I'm going for it.

CBT nuggets
Cisco Press
Various Customers Call Managers :)

Update I passed. I got a 847 on the test. Not as hard as I thought, but I could have done better in a few areas where I didn't' have no idea what the answers were. Onto CVOICE.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck!

Any plans for the CCNA Voice?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
    Good luck!

Any plans for the CCNA Voice?

Cancel that bad weather here tomorrow in MPLS, going to have to reschedule. I plan on takiing the CCNA voice when I finish CVOICE and QOS. I don't plan on having the entire track finished till late summer, so the deadline means nothing to me.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You're letting an estimated 7" of snow stop you from taking an exam? ;)

Good luck whenever you can managed to make it in to a testing center!
  • CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    I'm just now getting into CIPT, so I'd be curious as to how you rate the difficulty level compared to the other courses you've studied? Also, have you had any production experience with CallManager, or has it been all personal lab work?
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
    I'm just now getting into CIPT, so I'd be curious as to how you rate the difficulty level compared to the other courses you've studied? Also, have you had any production experience with CallManager, or has it been all personal lab work?

I have access to around 30 different call managers ver 4,5,6. Some configured H323, some MGCP, and others even have sip trunks when they are multi site. Some have as few as 100 users others have as many as 10,000 users. I have been working on CCM since I got out the navy. Its so much to learn, but I think I'm pretty close to being able to pass the test. I didnt' do much rack time. I just played around at work, and asked more experienced engineers questions on things I don't understand.
  • AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230

I actually found cipt1 easier than cvoice.

But the 2 different ways of setting up CSS took me a bit of getting used to.
  • CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    empc4000xl wrote: »
    I have access to around 30 different call managers ver 4,5,6. Some configured H323, some MGCP, and others even have sip trunks when they are multi site. Some have as few as 100 users others have as many as 10,000 users. I have been working on CCM since I got out the navy. Its so much to learn, but I think I'm pretty close to being able to pass the test. I didnt' do much rack time. I just played around at work, and asked more experienced engineers questions on things I don't understand.

I hope you realize how fortunate you are to be in a working VoIP environment. For people like myself, who are not and have not been there, it's only about a thousand times harder learning this material, either from a textbook or from a very modest home lab.

For someone trying to get a CCVP, you're in VoIP heaven, my friend.
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
    I hope you realize how fortunate you are to be in a working VoIP environment. For people like myself, who are not and have not been there, it's only about a thousand times harder learning this material, either from a textbook or from a very modest home lab.

For someone trying to get a CCVP, you're in VoIP heaven, my friend.

Yes I'm very happy to have my current job. If they don't let me go due to the economy I plan on being here for the next few years. With all the stuff for voice It would be very difficult to do it without any hardware. Call manager is a beast. Keep at it. It might take longer, but you appreciate much more when you achive your goal.
    Now Im wondering should I do the CCNA Voice now or go to CVOICE.
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□

There is a good amount of overlap between the 2 – CVOICE seems to expound on the overlapping material a little more. Take CVOICE first and you’ll have a 1/3 head start on CCNA:V.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • NOCupNOCup Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□

Agree with Pit on top. I would suggest to you to take your CCNA last.