2009 Objectives?

DaylongDaylong Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I remember reading somewhere about a call for SMEs for an updated Linux+ exam. I've been working on the 2004 objectives, and looking around for info on 2009 live dates and materials, but can't seem to find much official-looking info. Granted I'm very new to Linux and probably just don't know where to look.
I did try CompTIA's site, before that's suggested =)

Thanks
Linux+ in progress

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I haven't heard any dates, so it's probably still in development. They'll allow the exams to coexist for six months or so, so people don't get caught off-guard during the switch. You can keep studying for the current exam.
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Supposedly the new exam goes live 3rd quarter 2009. However, I'm looking for the link to the story that confirms that.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    there's been no updates on CompTIA's website since they announced they were planning on gathering info for an update...last I heard, they were planning a get together of SME's in July 2008, and that's the last official update on the Linux+ news subsection of the CompTIA site.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • DaylongDaylong Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oops, guess I should just check the Comptia site later this year then....><
    Thanks for the responses!
    Linux+ in progress
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    I've just downloaded 2009 objectives..

CompTIA Certification Exam Objectives

Registration for the new Linux+ beta exam opens on Feb. 17.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• DaylongDaylong Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Linux+ in progress
  • disidisi Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did anyone else apply for the beta exam? I got an email from CompTIA that the first 400 will be invited to take the beta 2009 exam for Linux+.

The subscription period is already over, though. To all other competitors good luck :)
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I like a lot the objectives for 2009.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    impelse wrote: »
    I like a lot the objectives for 2009.

+1

me too, I will do this cert by the end of this year
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was sent a voucher code to take the Linux+ beta exam for free. Unfortunatley I have not touched Linux in a few years, I have about 3 weeks to study before my exam but I have been busy with Cisco stuff to find time to study. I hope to get some time to install/configure Ubuntu and CentOS so I can possibly pass this.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • watcher69bwatcher69b Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Took my Linux+ 2009 test today. All and all i thought it was really easy.
    from what I remember there was 130 questions total. The test took me about 1 hour to go through.

****EDIT****
    Do not disclose your exam topics

Hope this helps!
    B.S. in Computer Science

Linux+
    A+
    Network+
    MCSA - 2003 Server
    MCP - Windows XP
    CCA - Presentation Server 4.0

All your base are belongs to us!
  • TherhinoTherhino Member Posts: 122
    Are these are just quetions as opposed to rhct where its real world work ?

Also what study material did you use?
  • AndretiiAndretii Member Posts: 210
    So many topics! icon_silent.gif
    Looks like a tough one to beat unless you are working daily with the CLI and using at least 50% of those commands. Anyway; I'd like to achieve the v2009 by this year icon_cheers.gif.
    XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%
    sthomas wrote: »
    I was sent a voucher code to take the Linux+ beta exam for free. Unfortunatley I have not touched Linux in a few years, I have about 3 weeks to study before my exam but I have been busy with Cisco stuff to find time to study. I hope to get some time to install/configure Ubuntu and CentOS so I can possibly pass this.

I got one, too. The question is, if they say it is only valid until 400 people have taken the exam, does that mean if you are unlucky you have to pay?
    The exam is scheduled for the 22/07/09 and the voucher was accepted by Prometric. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    I was just offered a voucher for the Linux+ Beta as they are still looking for more testers. However, I find it odd that they are only handing out vouchers for Prometric.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
    Just got an answer:
    If 400 people take the exam before you, then it will be too late. If not, then you will be able to take the exam.
    When I learn that 400 people have taken the exam, I will send an email to everyone whom I emailed before—so that, hopefully, nobody will go to a test center and not be able to take the exam.
    I took the exam yesterday, but don't know if I passed icon_rolleyes.gif The test was weird with repeating questions and some strange questions where it depends what version of baselayout you use...

Still beta though...