Microsoft-Red Hat Deal to Offer Cross-Platform Virtualization Support

SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
I came across this story, which apparently has been flying under the radar for quite some time. I think it's very odd that Microsoft and Red Hat would play nice, but it's nice to know that supporting Windows/Red Hat (virtual) environments may get a touch easier as time goes on.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.

Comments

• darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    It's funny that, imo, they're the kings of their market, yet they have failed to implement virtualization in anything greater than an "okay" product.

I think they realize this and also that neither one has outright attacked the other in the market, so they're willing to work together to make sure they stay the kings of their markets and embrace companies that won't run them out, namely each other.
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    darkerosxx wrote: »
    It's funny that, imo, they're the kings of their market, yet they have failed to implement virtualization in anything greater than an "okay" product.

I think they realize this and also that neither one has outright attacked the other in the market, so they're willing to work together to make sure they stay the kings of their markets and embrace companies that won't run them out, namely each other.
    Red Hat announced an entire suite of server virtualization, VDI, and management products at VMware earlier this week. I see it as likely that by supporting each others products on their own hypervisors both Microsoft and Red Hat will benefit from this alliance.