Options

640-822 Book Reviews Needed

fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
For those that have recently passed the exam, especially by self study....

What would you all recommend as my primary studying material for 640-822, seeing that I grew up with the Wendell Odom series of books, I'm leaning towards one ofthe Cisco Press books. Heck, I think I have a NetSim in them I have never used!

I like condensed versions of things though and Wendell seems "wordy", I don't want to read a book that is going to go over every little detail and originating idea, along with the history of how we got here. I want the abridged version I guess.

So what would you all suggest???
WIP:
Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)

Comments

• Options
    luke_bibbyluke_bibby Member Posts: 162
    CCNA by Todd Lammle isn't bad:

Amazon.com: CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802: Todd Lammle: Books

ICND2 by Wendell Odom:

Amazon.com: CCNA ICND2 Official Exam Certification Guide (CCNA Exams 640-816 and 640-802) (2nd Edition): Wendell Odom: Books

I know you said Odom's book are a bit wordy but I thought that reading this book once through, taking some notes, then reading the book by Lammle was really beneficial in preparing for icnd2
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I also recommend Chris B. Ultimate CCNA Study Package, the guy delivers the material crystal clear... and it comes with an ebook as well...
  • Options
    luke_bibby wrote: »
    ICND2 by Wendell Odom:

Amazon.com: CCNA ICND2 Official Exam Certification Guide (CCNA Exams 640-816 and 640-802) (2nd Edition): Wendell Odom: Books

I know you said Odom's book are a bit wordy but I thought that reading this book once through, taking some notes, then reading the book by Lammle was really beneficial in preparing for icnd2

I purchased this set of books last week and began reading it the night I got it. I can't tell you how extremely frustrated I was getting by reading this book (to the point I wanted to throw the book against the wall). I don't want to skip things over, because I don't think that would be wise and the one time I do I am going to miss the point he is trying to make, BUT... It drives me absolutely batty that this guy takes up 4 pages to describe something that could be done in just a few sentences!

I'm not sure if I will be able to complete this book and will probably just use it as a reference more than anything. I am currently ordering the Lammle book.

Does anyone else know of other great self study books that will enhance the Lammle book?
    WIP:

Future Certs:
  • Options
    djhss68djhss68 Member Posts: 205
    Lammle book is awesome. Not even half way through but truly an enjoyable read.
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    rpfutrell wrote: »
    I purchased this set of books last week and began reading it the night I got it. I can't tell you how extremely frustrated I was getting by reading this book (to the point I wanted to throw the book against the wall). I don't want to skip things over, because I don't think that would be wise and the one time I do I am going to miss the point he is trying to make, BUT... It drives me absolutely batty that this guy takes up 4 pages to describe something that could be done in just a few sentences!

I'm not sure if I will be able to complete this book and will probably just use it as a reference more than anything. I am currently ordering the Lammle book.

Does anyone else know of other great self study books that will enhance the Lammle book?

That is a benefit of Chris Bryant's material, not a lot of fluff,
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    Ok...I have gotten into Chapter 3 and now it's becoming a little less painful. I'm still getting the Lammle book though.
    WIP:

Future Certs: