Nagios/Centreon Fan Install

SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
I have been playing with Nagios on and off with Centreon for the front end.
Wow what a pain. Everything i read talks about how much a pain it is to set up but how worth it, it is.

I am at wits end.

Anyone with a good walk through. I can get it to ping servers and say they are up. But nothing snmp works. apparently my args are wrong or something.

I need something I can read that is not in french.

Comments

• SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
    Makes me think i should not waste time on it anymore.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had the same problem with opsview and a netflow plugin. I could not get it to work for the life of me!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    nel wrote: »
    I had the same problem with opsview and a netflow plugin. I could not get it to work for the life of me!

Did you eventually just say forget it, or did you go with something else?
    What happened in your case?
  • GrynderGrynder Member Posts: 106
    I just started playing with Groundwork (vm version) on my home network and I can say that for a noob it was a straight forward set up and I am monitoring 7 clients and servers. It does require some Linux knowledge to install the Nagios addons
    Thanks for the help. The issue I have with centreon is there is no good documentation, the forum is almost completely in french. That and the database it uses has a tendency to corrupt, a lot. I am thinking about going straight Nagios. The problem I am having now is I have been messing with Centreon for over a week and I am still at point 0. Really stressful. Might just need to step back for a bit, come at it with a fresh look before I jump into Groundwork.

Thanks for all the replies. Anyone else got any input? Maybe a tip about Centreon, that you got it working?
    Decided to try out Groundwork, seems to be very nice, the auto discovery feature works very well. I recommend this over Centreon to anyone looking to try Nagios out.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Silentsoul wrote: »
    Did you eventually just say forget it, or did you go with something else?
    What happened in your case?

i eventually got opsview (with nagios under the bonnet) up and running. But the Flavio netflow plugin just wouldnt work. Obviously its free so there's not much support really. Would be great to get a free netflow which done everything i wanted but i guess thats why they cost so much.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking