Passed CCNA

PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
Passed the CCNA this morning with a 931. Time to take a detour through M$ land for an MCSE... See you in those forums for a while.
There's no place like ^$
Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog

Comments

• garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif Good Luck with the MCSE
  • xman76xman76 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Great score!
  • ThanatosKnightThanatosKnight Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Pcholdmann,

Do you have any suggestions regarding the exam?

Thanks in advance

ThanatosKnight
  • fonduefondue Member Posts: 104
    Outstanding score! My favorite part of the exam was the simulations.

I'm on a similar track, passed CCNA 3 weeks ago, passed 70-270 this morning. TechExams helped prep for both, well that an an understanding family.
  • linuxguylinuxguy Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to both of you.

I personally think this is a good plan (ofcourse, I am bias. This is what I did).

Nice score.
    If you do not feel like a newbie you probably should. :)
  • LongbowLongbow Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nicely done! Congratulations.

I took the MSCE certification first and frankly I think CCNA is a little bit more difficult (not the material, just the test - I failed CCNA, I passed all of the MSCE W2K tests on the first go around).

You won't have any problem with MCSE.
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    ThanatosKnight, the exam seemed to cover a pretty good range of the material, Know your subnetting, VLSM routing protocols, and don't forget "copy run start" on the sims. I went through the tutorial, do that if you want to take a little time to get used to the format and calm down. Also try to get as much real or simulated router time as you can. A few of the books (Cisco press CCNA library & Cybex Deluxe maybe others...) come with a chop shop simulator that can help you get a feel for things.
    HTH
    Good luck!

Peter[/i]
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    icon_thumright.gif BRAVO!!
    Congrats on your success. CCNA is a tough one to study for since the topics are wide and the technologies are of a higher scale. I have been studying it for a long time yet i still cant place it on my fingertips. After playing with some 2500's, i feel okay with configuring routing protocols, DHCP, PPP, HDLC, NAT, overloading, VLAN, subnetting, VLSM, CIDR and ACL but wildmask is proving to be a pain in the as. I'd appreciate if someone could give an insight on wildmasks. Enjoy your success. icon_wink.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    Congrats on your pass.
    Alien wrote:
    I'd appreciate if someone could give an insight on wildmasks.

Check out this link. http://www.rhyshaden.com/ipadd.htm
    He's got a small mistake in it, though. He talks about "the wildcard mask for the network 10.1.1.32/24" when it should be "the wildcard mask for the network 10.1.1.32/27.
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    icon_pirat.gif Cheers mate. Its all coming back. I have to say its a great website for final prep. Thanks
    Hard times on planet earth.