Options

Who wants a free Microsoft exam voucher? (US/Canada only)

astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
Contest: Win 1 of 3 free Microsoft exam vouchers

*********************************************************************************************

Winners Announced

First of all I wanted to thank everyone who submitted an entry. Many of them were deserving in one way or another and I wish you all the best of luck in achieving your goals (certification related and otherwise). Unfortunately I only have 3 vouchers to give away (from the more than 40 entries recieved) and it's been a challenge to select the top three.

Congratulations to the winners: skrpune, jnwdmb, msteinhilber

*********************************************************************************************

*** Update: I had the incorrect date for the vouchers, they're actually good until May 31, 2009 ***

I've found myself with a number of complimentary Microsoft vouchers (good for any Microsoft exam delivered by Prometric in the US or Canada) that are due to expire on March 31st, 2009 (a little over a month from now) and have no possible way to use them all in that timeframe... so I've decided to give them away to 3 lucky TechExams members.

Rather than just creating a post and giving them away to the first 3 users who respond (that would punish those who aren't glued to TE permanently 24hrs a day - or those that happen to be sleeping/working), I was thinking we'd have a little contest. So here it goes...

If you want one of the vouchers and think you'll be ready to write an exam in that time frame, send me a private message telling me why you think you should be one of the recipients. It can be humerous (like dynamik's "win" from last year) or more serious (maybe you've been laid off recently due to the economy and are trying to bolster your resume, etc). It can be 1 paragraph or 10, maybe a poem or a link to a video, whatever works for you - no rules - just get my attention.

Entries will be accepted until Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009 @ 23:59 PST

Anyway, I hope this works out well and wish anyone who's interested "Good Luck!"

Andrew

P.S. I won't post the winning entries without prior permission from the author to do so.

Comments

• Options
    ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    If the voucher my covers place then I will be the first one to send you a pm. Good luck to the lucky winner. :)
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • Options
    If the voucher my covers place then I will be the first one to send you a pm. Good luck to the lucky winner.
    Yeah sorry the vouchers are only for use in the US and Canada. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    astorrs wrote: »
    Yeah sorry the vouchers are only for use in the US and Canada. icon_sad.gif

It's alright. Giving away your extra vouchers is a great idea. icon_thumright.gif
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I forgot you had those and just set up my new exams the other day icon_mad.gif

Good luck to everyone else!
  • Options
    OoteROoteR Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You have been privileged with my PM. Don't forget it.

Also, nice idea. I'm sure it will help out a lucky few.
    2k11 Goals:
    VCP - Currently Studying
    MCITP:EA - 620 (done)
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I guess I can leave out my award winning essay so that someone else can have a free voucher. Good luck to everyone else!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    nevolvednevolved Member Posts: 131
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Sent you a PM. Excellent idea and good luck to the people who get them. I think astorrs should get some kind of TechExams humanitarian award for doing this... ( how's that for asskissin, LOL)! Seriuosly though, I think it a great thing to do! Good luck to the people who get them and make sure to pass, make em proud!
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I will be sending you a PM soon icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    If I didn't hate my employer, and they didn't reimburse me for the exams, I'd so be on this... icon_lol.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    motogpman wrote: »
    I think astorrs should get some kind of TechExams humanitarian award for doing this...
    Nah, I'll just be glad someone can make use of them. Microsoft gave me a bunch of them for free at the end of last year and I'd hate to see them just expire.
  • Options
    Just a reminder, there's only a couple days left to get your entries in... icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    ramg1967ramg1967 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just sent PM today.

Ram
  • Options
    Just a quick note to everyone applying - These vouchers are intended for TechExams members who are actively engaged with the site - don't bother signing up for an account so you can PM me because you found this thread through a Google search for "free exam voucher"

I've had 3 like that already icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    jnwdmbjnwdmb Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just a quick note to everyone applying - These vouchers are intended for TechExams members who are actively engaged with the site - don't bother signing up for an account so you can PM me because you found this thread through a Google search for "free exam voucher"

I've had 3 like that already icon_rolleyes.gif

Thank you again for taking the time to research whether the request is actually from a member. I don't know how many requests you are getting but I am sure it is quite a few, and even if I am not fortunate enough to be one of the names drawn from the hat, I thinks its nice to know that they will go to actual members.
    A+ IT Technician, Network +, Security+
    MCSA:M, MCSE:S
    (MS 270,290,291,293,294,298,299)
    MS Exchange 2003 (70-284)
    MCTS: Server 2K8 Virtualization(70-652 & 70-403)
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    jnwdmb wrote: »
    Thank you again for taking the time to research whether the request is actually from a member. I don't know how many requests you are getting but I am sure it is quite a few, and even if I am not fortunate enough to be one of the names drawn from the hat, I thinks its nice to know that they will go to actual members.

I second this. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Awesome that you are giving back to the community. Very awesome, man. *Applauds!*

PM Sent. :)
  • Options
    jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    This is really cool of you astorrs.

If I was studying for a MS exam I would totally submit :]
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    If I didn't hate my employer, and they didn't reimburse me for the exams, I'd so be on this... icon_lol.gif

icon_scratch.gif

Right, that makes sense.... icon_rolleyes.gif

Hey astorrs,

Great deal you have here! Thank you for brining to the members!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    icon_scratch.gif

Hey astorrs,

Great deal you have here! Thank you for brining to the members!

He hates his employer, and they do reimburse for exams. So he would rather make them pay than take a free voucher from astorrs. If he liked his employer, he would do it to save them the cost of the exam.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    icon_scratch.gif

Don't worry about it. It's my loss... or my employers'... I'm confused now...

icon_lol.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    I had the wrong expiry date for those vouchers, they're actually good for a couple more months (the end of May).

icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    I had the wrong expiry date for those vouchers, they're actually good for a couple more months (the end of May).

icon_cool.gif

If your not going to give them out after all. I would forgive you just because you live in Vancouver.

GOOOOOOOOOOOO CANUCKS

Sorry.
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • Options
    jryantech wrote: »
    If your not going to give them out after all. I would forgive you just because you live in Vancouver.

GOOOOOOOOOOOO CANUCKS

Sorry.
    LOL, yeah I'm still giving them away, I just need a few minutes today to go through the entries (there were lots).
  • Options
    Kevin10686Kevin10686 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well...what is the verdict?
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Kevin10686 wrote: »
    well...what is the verdict?

He's probably fallen asleep trying to read all of the responses :)

I'm sure he got a huge amount of PM's, he'll get back with his results as he can :)
  • Options
    ElvisGElvisG Member Posts: 167
    LOL, I sure hope my ode to bathroom poetry win's.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ElvisG wrote: »
    LOL, I sure hope my ode to bathroom poetry win's.

Either way... you need to post it anyways :D
  • Options
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats everyone! Will you be posting any of the entries?
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
This discussion has been closed.