how to prepare for CCNA Security

nangananga Member Posts: 201
I have been going through the cisco press book by Watkins and Wallace. But I am finding it difficult to remember the commands. I dont have access to regular routers and dont have a simulator as well. Cant practice or remember all the commands .

Could anyone who is preparing for or given the exam let me know what path should i take.

Appreciate all the advice.

Comments

• nangananga Member Posts: 201
    any thoughts on this..............
    so does the exam test you on the commands or it tests you on the concepts.
  • ashed1ashed1 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nanga wrote: »
    You will need to know the SDM inside and out - there isn't a reason you can't use GNS3 as others have to practice with the SDM. A simple search with google will give you links to everything you need.

As far as commands, it doesn't ask much but you will need to know where in the SDM to go in order to configure or find information to answer some of the questions.

Hope that helps.
    ashed1 wrote: »
    You will need to know the SDM inside and out - there isn't a reason you can't use GNS3 as others have to practice with the SDM. A simple search with google will give you links to everything you need.

As far as commands, it doesn't ask much but you will need to know where in the SDM to go in order to configure or find information to answer some of the questions.

Hope that helps.

appreciate your help....I shall have a look at the GNS3 ...
  • rcdantesrcdantes Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What is better among the network simulators the packet tracer, Network Visualizer, or this GNS3?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    rcdantes wrote: »
    What is better among the network simulators the packet tracer, Network Visualizer, or this GNS3?
    For CCNA Security -- GNS3 would be the only option. And you'd need a 12.4(6)T or 12.4(9)T IOS to do the Zone Firewall.
    nanga wrote: »
    Both.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    tried digging through the GNS3....but then got to know that it requires a registered IOS. This is something that i dont have a access to . I can probably go thought the books and pictures and build logic as to what menus carry which configurations.

So do I need to know all the commands in the cisco press book ????.I really dont have a on hands experince on the commands or the SDM
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!