Multiple Language Website Versions

Hey Gang,
What do you know about creating different language versions of a website?

My company has an English website and management is inquiring about creating the website in different languages, let's say 9 other languages for example. I'm pretty much a novice at website stuff, I know enough to go in and change things, but it's certainly not my cup 0' tea.

I guess I'm thinking more in terms of hiring a company to do this. Anyone have any recommendations or know roughly how much this will cost? I realize this will cost big bucks, but so be it.

Thanks in advance.
WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Maybe check out something like in the lower left of this page: Digital Signage Software Free Download, Digital Dynamic Signage

If you need something perfect, you will have to contact a translation company.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Yeah, I've used bablefish for our SEO submissions. But I guess I need more of a turnkey solution for a full website.

Update: Well, I found a company called LogoScript and they specialize in language translations. I got a quote to just translate 2 languages for our relatively small static website and a handful of manuals. The quote was about 40k icon_eek.gif

....needless to say management didn't quite like that number.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)