Exam Date.

garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
Yup - I am sitting my 70-290 Nov. 23...I've been slacking. I can't wait untill I'm done with my MCSA. Then I can focus ONLY on Cisco. Any last suggestion for the 70-290?

Comments

• skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Poke it with a sharp stick

Good luck!
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • rubensboyzrubensboyz Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Make sure that you understand your share permissions along with your NTFS permissions and how the work together.

Also take some time to focus on IIS 6.0, there were a few questions pertaining to that when I took the exam.
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Thanks you guys. On a level from 1-10, how difficult is it for MCP exams & what do rate your 210 as?
  • rubensboyzrubensboyz Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    On a Scale from 1-10, with 10 being the hardest, I say 210 was 6. 6 only because I got a lot of questions on installations via RIS, which I hadnt studied all that much. Other than that the test wasnt that bad.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    garv221 wrote:
    Yup - I am sitting my 70-290 Nov. 23...I've been slacking. I can't wait untill I'm done with my MCSA. Then I can focus ONLY on Cisco. Any last suggestion for the 70-290?
    I hope you don't mind my curiosity ;) Did you take the test?
    Webmaster wrote:
    garv221 wrote:
    I hope you don't mind my curiosity ;) Did you take the test?

I had to push it back twice! I was going to write it tomorrow (11/30) but because of meetings had to push it back again. This time 12/6...Its a bummer but I don't mind I guess I can study some more- I'm ready but it can't hurt to study more. I'm actually buying a SEC+ book (Exam Cram2) this week to meet my MCSA & MCSE elective. I will give a good review on the test Monday....hopefully... :D
    In that case, good luck!
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Best of luck!

Looking forward to your review.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    Goodluck on 12/6/2004 icon_arrow.gif garv221
    Thanks you guys!!
    Passed - barely, 724. I honestly Hated this test & can't think of something at the moment I hate more. icon_twisted.gif It was to looooong with drawn out questions, It gave me a headache just reading the questions. They gave me questions like 5 servers & 7,000 users, it just annoyed me. In a regular environment - I knew all the answers. The scenario questions I had a hard time focusing on & some I just flat out read half the question & guessed, I couldn’t take sitting there ( maybe b/c its Monday). If I could have, I would have dragged this test out back of Horizons & put a bullet in it. Anyways Know your permissions, backups, event logs, errors, some VB scripts, RAID levels, IIS & SUS. I studied for about 2 months & crammed hard for a week (Exam Cram2) No practice tests. Be prepared for a long, boring test. icon_mad.gif
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations. I have heard that the MS tests have long and boring questions. icon_sad.gif
    Congratulations!

Yeah, the 70-292 exam was just like that: long and boring. Much of the info in the questions is just fluff, but you're forced to read it anyway because it might contain a useful detail. I liked the 'sim' questions though...
  • adrianxenadrianxen Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats !
    I think that the most important thing on a Microsoft exams is to have patience and to read careful the entire question.
    Yes you do have to have patience for MS tets, just by reading you can eliminate 2 answers bc/ you know they do not belong. If I hated this test that much, I wonder what 70-291 is like?? icon_lol.gif
  • nightstrm_utnightstrm_ut Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats... your review makes me not look forward to sitting in the exam room this coming Friday. I hope to have the same outcome though. :)